What do I eat two weeks post op especially for breakfast? Help

Collette65
on 3/28/13 5:36 am - Fairview, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

I have tried scrambled eggs and it makes me have severe cramps and it seems to hurt a lot. I KE cream of wheat but it doesn't taste very exciting it's very bland. I can eat yogurt but the Greek yogurt this tartan doesn't taste very good. And I get kind of sick of yogurt. Is there anything else you can eat for breakfast with soft puréed foods? I'm really surprised I've been in able to eat hard boiled egg, mashed, but other eggs hurt me for at least an hour of pain.  The only other foods I can eat is baby food and its getting old.  Thanks.

Collette

zra
on 3/28/13 5:48 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

Cottage Cheese. I also like to mix my plain greek yogurt with unsweetened cocoa powder and a little stevia. Makes it much more exciting. Also, at two weeks out, all I was really able to have for breakfast was protein shakes. Now that I'm seven weeks out, they are still my preference most mornings. I feel better getting a big chunk of my protein requirement right off the top. 

HW: 363  SW: 340  

Christa :]
on 3/28/13 5:51 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12

I ate thinned out oatmeal and put torani sugar free syrups in it. Protein shakes. You can also put sugar free syrups in the greek yogurt. i couldn't eat eggs for a very long time until maybe 5 or so months out. They always hurt my sleeve. 

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/28/13 6:02 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I have oatmeal most days. Not very exciting, I suppose, but I love it and it sits really nicely for me. Some whey added to my coffee balances the meal for me.

What made scrambled eggs possible for me was adding grated cheese right at the beginning of cooking. The cheese keeps the egg from becoming such a solid chunk and makes it sit much easier for me.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

a_gritters
on 3/28/13 6:04 am
VSG on 03/19/13

I like to buy plain greek yogurt and mix half cup with about a quarter of a sugar free jello packet it gives it good flavor :) (i love raspberry and peach) and it keeps you from adding addt'l carbs.  I also like to do this with cottage cheese when I need a little flavor.

HW 315; Surgery Date 3/19/13, SW 300.5;  PreOp: 14.9, W1-4: 21.2, W5-8: 15, W9-12: 13.4, W13-16:

raincloud
on 3/28/13 6:13 am

torani sugar free brown sugar and cinnamon flavor is what I mixed with my cream of wheat. And raspberry or black cherry torani sf I mixed with fage fat free yogurt. I mostly found it's just easiest to start with a protein shake though. And you guessed it I add the syrup to those too. I also add peanut butter to the vanilla shake, use a small bender and it tastes like a peanut butter cookie. You can probably have peanut butter on the pureed stage. It was on my list.

justpete
on 3/28/13 6:19 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I have yet to be successful in making a soft scrabled egg.  usually ends up like an omelette.  I think it's because i' mafraid to eat raw egg.

SophieNJ
on 3/28/13 8:15 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

what about poached?

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/28/13 8:49 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Try the cheese trick. It made a huge difference for me. Now, instead of 1-2 bites and being DONE I can eat a whole egg.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

emelar
on 3/28/13 6:30 am - TX

You can eat for breakfast whatever you can eat any other time of the day.  There's no special breakfast food.  If you can tolerate chili, have some chili for breakfast.  Or the ricotta bake.  Or cottage cheese.  Or refried beans.  Go to theworldaccordingtoeggface.com.  She has some suggestions specifically for the pureed stage.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views