I'm 5' 4". Can anyone tell me what I should weigh??

Healthy4Life2012
on 4/5/13 8:53 pm
I would really like to have a goal to work towards! My surgeon wrote a letter to my family doctor and it said at 75% of my expected weight loss I should be 172 but really should be at 131 at ideal weight. The BMI calculator said 140 for a healthy BMI range but the dietician said 145 or at least get down to 160 because I will have extra skin that will make up this 15lb difference. I'm very small boned underneath all this fat. I honestly don't want to be skinny. I don't want to be skin and bones. To me I'd like a little meat on my bones, a little bit of curves. To me it's more girly. Can anyone help me pick a goal weight I can have something to work towards? Thanks in advanced.
Deckeriv
on 4/5/13 9:57 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Not trying to be snarky, which I have been accused of being, but it sounds like you have all the numbers and now it's up to you.

Any BMI below 25 down to 18 is going to be much more healthy than being fat. Pick a number in that range and if you start to look too skinny in your eyes, then add a few pounds back on. Adding on pounds is easy. Ask any of us. lol

Don't cut yourself short and pick a number that is too high and then three years later decide to lose 20 more pounds. It will be a lot harder, although you can do it, that it will be in the first year.

Good luck

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Kabooboo
on 4/5/13 10:17 pm

I am the same height as you and also trying to figure out my goal. I weigh 160 right now. I feel like I look really good in clothes. I am a size small/medium in tops and 10/12 in pants. I am definitely curvy. I am concerned about having more loose skin if I lose too much more. But I tried on a swimsuit yesterday and didn't like what I saw!  I am aiming for 149 right now, but it is a constant reevaluation. I have not exercised much,which I need to start doing NOW, and I know the scale will go up if I add muscle mass. 

Crabadams72
on 4/5/13 10:42 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Ok. I am 5'5 and small boned. My Dr refused to give me a goal since they only aim to get you to 70 percent EWL.

Normal for me is 150. My goal was 145. When I got married some 20yrs ago I was 137. I hit 145 and decided to go lower because it is very common to experience some regain with time. I wanted to let my body pick a number.

Today I am 120. Yeah I lost some curves but so what! My man still loves me, I look good and can find amazing deals in the stores! Go by what size would put you in the better health range and don't sell yourself short with this tool.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

A. Kondrlik
on 4/5/13 11:29 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

I am 5'3.  Your surgeon and mine must be looking at the same chart.  He told me 136 to 141 is an "A", and in 160's is a "B".

My goal is fluid.  Of course 140 is the ultimate.   In my mind 140 to 150 would be super, but I am aiming for 140 or a couple pounds below for wiggle room.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

KELLY H.
on 4/5/13 11:50 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12

I am 5'4 and before I gained weight I was 125 lbs. My original goal was 135 but that's just not realistic to me for some reason. I won't be getting plastics so I know I will have some weight left over that is just skin. I will be thrilled with anything under 200 but I am shooting for 150lbs. 

Birdie55
on 4/5/13 11:52 pm

I am 5'4 also and my surgeon set an initial goal of 125.  I am medium boned.  

As I got closer to goal he reduced my goal to 120 - 125.  I was able to get to 126.8 at my lowest and bounced back to 130.  I had a couple more pounds of regain and am now back at 130 again.  It seems to be where my body wants to be but I would still like to get to 125.  It is a battle at this point to lose anything.  

It really is only a number.  But my caution is not to set your goal weight too high just because of a multitude of reasons.  Do your best to lose all the weight you can in the time when it is easier to lose.  Your weight will slow at some point and then you really need to buckle down and work to get to a lower point.  It's up to you to do what you think is right at that point.  I wish I had stuck it out and lost those last few pounds.  

Not everyone is willing to do the harder work at the end, it is a personal choice on how you want your body.

Good luck to you all.

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

MarthaMyDear
on 4/6/13 3:13 am - PA
RNY on 04/09/13

My Dr. wouldn't tell me a number instead he said do I have an old outfit I would want to wear again? if so go for that size and then decide if I want/need to lose more.

Grantus
on 4/6/13 4:32 am

As others have said, it's really just a number. However, for me this was a bid decision and a huge step, so I'm not willing to settle for 20 lbs. overweight. I will get down to normal weight,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 434 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views