Can I do it?

Bella_Fein
on 4/7/13 5:41 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Well, of course I CAN! 

I am aiming for 50% EWL by my 3 month mark. I am down 36 pounds so far with just under 6 weeks to go to lose an additional 20 pounds. This sounds reasonable, but ridiculous all at the same time!  I know weight loss is faster in the beginning and it has already slowed down. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!

I don't post on here much, but I am here every day. It really does seem like a lot of drama here. I don't do drama. Especially when I don't have to with people I don't know. I have enjoyed those that have been caring and helpful. I know tough love and I appreciate it when it's needed. I will continue to be here in the shadows and speak up when I feel the need.

Thank you so much to those who have gave their advise and have helped me along and definitely the ones that encouraged me when I first came here and was scared, ashamed and in doubt. No names need be mentioned. You know who you are!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

AmberK
on 4/7/13 5:47 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

I think it's great to have goals set for yourself! If you don't, then how are we to ever know what we are working towards? However, make sure that if you don't make that goal, you don't get down and harsh on yourself. I have a hard time doing that but am learning that to not be so hard on myself! 

Good luck to you! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Bella_Fein
on 4/7/13 5:59 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Oh, no, I wont be too hard on myself. I'll be a bit disappointed, but I will set a new goal and move on. It's hard to be mad about losing 36 pounds in 8 weeks; or however shy I am of goal at that 3 month mark. I've been able to the lose wight before, but not continuously or permanently. I'm happy. Scratch that, I'm ecstatic.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Nadurra Deb
on 4/7/13 7:22 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

If it helps...it took me 18 weeks to lose 50 lbs which was 50% of my excess weight. I seem to be pretty average as far as the % lost. It seems to be reasonable to look for an average of about 2 lbs lost a week that first 6 months. More per week that first couple of months, then less later. You are doing great so far. It is important to make the most out of that first 6 months when the weight falls off fast. So it is good to have plans and set goals to help keep you on track. Now is the time to be creating new healthy habits that will last. Your old bad habits will want to resurface but they won't stand a chance if you have established new habits that are strong.

You can do whatever you set your mind to. I don't think your goals are unreasonable at all for this stage of the game. This journey can be unpredictable. So make sure to leave room for the unexpected too. Be flexible and willing to try new things, keep your eye on the prize and you will be amazed at the ridiculous things you can accomplish.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

HilaryH8103
on 4/7/13 8:51 am - WA
You can & you will. I really liked your post.

You can do it!!!

Best Wishes,

Hilary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views