OT - Spray Tans? Anybody

synthangel
on 4/11/13 1:54 pm - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

Hello All,

So I am going back to Cancun in May *happy dance* and I am a bit insecure about how bumpy my legs look.

I am considering getting a spray tan, but I dont know how it works for bigger gals. Has anyone gave them a try?

I am thinking of going to a salon to get it done. 

Thanks in advance :)

Tnull
on 4/11/13 6:18 pm

I use spray tan, and it works well.  Doesn't get under skin folds, but no one will see that on me unless there is a wardrobe malfunction.  Have a safe trip!

hollirrose
on 4/11/13 9:09 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
I'm going on a cruise in may... So if you get it done post about it. I want to know how it turns out! You look thinner and healthier with a tan, right? Spray on, if it turns out right, seems like the way to go!
mary d
on 4/11/13 9:26 pm

Never tried a spray tan, but gotta agree that a tan is the best "cure" for cellulite!!

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Kcdietz
on 4/11/13 10:38 pm - GA
Hey... I'm headed to Cancun in a week and I've been using the Jergans Natural Glow lotion. It works pretty nicely.

jenngirl
on 4/11/13 11:23 pm
VSG on 06/25/12

If you go, go to one where someone actually sprays you so that you can get the folds and nooks and crannies!

Also, don't let the spray tan be a false sense of security for sunbathing. Just because you will have some "color" does not mean that it is okay to be soaking up the sun all day. Protect your skin as much as possible if you haven't already been tanning.

KittyKarin
on 4/12/13 1:15 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I've had good and bad spray tans.  I would say definitely do a test run before your trip. Try it out now and see how it goes. Also, it takes a little time to get used to doing it.  The first time me and my friends went to get one, we liked it but the next day, our hands and feet looked horrible!! Plus, the bottoms of our feet were DISGUSTING looking.  They were like dark brown and blotchy.  I guess they didn't clean the spray booths on the floor and no one told us to do anything to protect the bottom of our feet.  My friend named them our "Kmart feet" cus our feet looked like a little kid's who had run around barefoot all day in Kmart. LOL

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

IHeartMexico
on 4/12/13 1:29 am
VSG on 01/21/13

I'm a sun bunny person , I grew up on a lake and live on one now . I boat all summer long and lay in the sun . I know skin cancer , but I'm smart about it , use sunscreen and do go to the dermatologist two times a year and have a full body check . I'm going to Mexico in 4 weeks I will go use a tanning bed for at least 3 weeks to get a base tan . I have tried  a spray tan from my Solon in the winter only one time , they call it a Versa Tan . I hated it , I thought it had a funny smell , even after I took a shower . It also only lasted a couple days , remember its a spray on tan it will fade as you shower and shave your legs . 

If you do get one , remember you will also need to still use sunscreen ! 

Have a great vacation ! 

Chris Waffle
on 4/12/13 2:44 am - Cypress, CA

I've been tanning in a real tanning booth and have been thinking of switching to spray tans. For those who have done the spray tans (so not trying to hijack this thread), how does it look over the stretch marks? Makes them look better? Makes them look worse?

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

AdeanaMarie
on 4/12/13 3:02 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I am a pale blonde, so even spray tans look funny on me, though I have not had a professional one done.  My friend just mentioned last week that no matter which ones you do, wearing light clothing may be a problem if you sweat because it comes off on your clothing.  So I would ask the salon about that.  Wouldn't want to wreck any nice clothes you bought for the trip.  Maybe they have ones that do not do that.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views