Fruits

Izabelle G.
on 5/2/13 1:01 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12

Rant: I love fruits. Mangoes, papayas, strawberries, blackberries, a coconut, grapes, limes, lemons, bananas, oranges, apples and a pineapple are currently sitting in my kitchen. They are all maliciously calling to me to increase my carb intakes. At least my husband ate the avocado (its considered a fruit in Brazil). I will not allow them to win. I will be strong. Damn nice weather and the overwhelming amounts of yummy fruits available!

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

Shagdoll
on 5/2/13 1:10 am

I'm with you gurl.  I think I miss all that fruit most of all.  My favorite fruit is mango, yum!

Try adding just a few strawberries or blueberries to your diet, maybe in a protein shake or some plain greek yogurt.  A few won't have many carbs so you can get your fruit fix!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Izabelle G.
on 5/2/13 1:28 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12

Mangos are both my husband's and my daughter's current favor. I was watching them share one yesterday and damn it was painful! LOL!

I have worked in a few strawberries into a protein shake but I think if I tried with the rest of the fruit I might go into slider food mode. kiss

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

angelsmom89
on 5/2/13 1:48 am - Tallahassee, FL

Avocados aren't too carby, are they?

No heaven will not ever Heaven be
Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Author Unknown

MuttLover
on 5/2/13 4:05 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I still eat fruit, just in very small quantities, and stay within my carb count (20-25 a day, sometimes up to 30). Which means I only eat strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, regularly -- which is a couple of times a week.

I will have a bit of guac or avacado, and maybe a bit of banana once a month (or if I'm starting to cramp up and don't have any PowerAde zero).

But I can tell you, 10 raspberries is not alot!  Luckily, my husband snarfs the rest of them usually, so there are not many around for very long. 

That being said, they will be the first thing that goes when weight loss slows enough to start tweaking!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

sarapilar
on 5/2/13 4:26 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I do a vanilla protein powder smoothie and add raw spinach and fresh blueberries.  Blueberries are really low carb!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/13 1:27 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
I did raspberries through my weighloss period and now that I have hit goal I'm adding fruit back in a little at a time. Currently strawberries are what I crave. Luckily for me, carbs from fruit don't trigger bad cravings for me, however give me a cracker and I'm a goner, I will be grazing all night long.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 329 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views