Help.......

kellied77
on 5/8/13 10:02 pm

I am making an appointment with my Physician today...hopefully.

I think I have a strained muscle, but am worried it might be a hernia.  It stings really bad on the lower left abdominal muscle.  It isn't near and incision. 

I'm so worried!  Anyone have similar experience?

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

SarahI
on 5/8/13 10:37 pm - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

it is most likely and adhesion.  look it up.  i had this about 2 inches below my belly button and 3 inches to the left, which was about 4 inches away from any of my incisions.  Talk to your physician about this possibility.  Also my surgeon said they do sometimes stitch to the muscle to keep things in place.  If the pain is really bad get pain meds.  My doctor gave a me a script for Ultram.  It didn't make me loopy or tired like the high pain meds but it helped so i could function thru the day.  I hope you feel better soon and that this is not a hernia.  Keep us posted.

SARAH

Deckeriv
on 5/8/13 11:25 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Nerves go in all directions from your incision. You could have busted an internal stitch and feel it 10 inches away. Nerves are weird like that. Did you lift anything really heavy and have to actually grunt and then fell down in pain? If not, probably not a ripped muscle where your insides are poking out.

Busting an adhesion is another possibility as the other poster said.

Take some Tylenol and see if the pain lessens at all. If not, you may need some narcotics for the nerve pain. If your fever isn't up, give it a few days to see if it abates.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Shagdoll
on 5/9/13 2:05 am

I haven't but I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon.  Keep us posted on what your physician says.  Take care you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

kellied77
on 5/9/13 4:14 am

I am much relieved.  It is diagnosed as a pulled muscle.  I just have take it really easy and heal.

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views