3 Month Check in, NSV's, SV's and just stuff :)

Christina_G
on 5/20/13 5:28 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
So yesterday was my 3 month Surigiversary and I couldn't be happier. So far I have lost 64 pounds and according to last weeks stats I have lost a total of 37.9 inches. I just had my 3 month check up last week and the Dr said that I am doing very well, I was supposed to have my blood work done so they can check that but I don't have insurance yet and they want over $200 to do it so he said as long as I have it by my 6 month check up I'll be fine. I'm a little agitated though...I have already been working my butt off to get here, I go to the gym 3 days a week and I walk for 3-4 miles 6 days a week and I watch EVERYTHING I eat but now I plan on kicking it up a notch because my jerk of a Dr actually told me that he would be VERY surprised if I was able to lose another 40 or 50 pounds. Say What? Thanks for the support and confidence doc. So now I am on a mission to prove him wrong and I WILL. I plan on losing another 90 + pounds.

On another note, I am trying to start a Corporate Wellness Program at my job, it is in the process of getting approved and going through the steps to get it implemented but it will offer all of the employees discounts (maybe even free) on gym memberships to give every one a more affordable option to work on getting healthier. I am VERY excited about that.

NSV: I was able to wear an XL dress from Old Navy, I have never been able to wear their clothes. Also, I went camping this weekend for my sons boy scouts crossover and while I was carrying stuff my pants fell down. Luckily I was in the woods and none of the other little boys were around just mine. It was so funny becuase he was so worried and kept coming up behind me all night pulling up my pants saying just makeing sure mom. I had to remind him that my hands were free now and I was capable of making sure it did not happen again. lol Needless to say as soon as we were done I made a trip to the thrift store. Another NSV is that I haven't been to our church in about a month or so and everyone just kept staring at me and making comments and asking what I am doing, one of the older guys there wouldn't stop talking to my husband about my weight loss and made the comment of having to put his eyes back in his head. lol It was pretty entertaining. The Pastor even made a comment on my weight loss but it was on stage in front of everyone. I am not used to getting attention so this is weird and a little embarrasing and for the first time ever my husband is becoming the jealous type.

SV: here are my stats...
Starting Weight: 317
Surgery Weight: 304
Current Weight: 253
I went from a very tight 26 to a lose 20. Woot Woot!

Thanks for listening and have a wonderful week.
Christina

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

christib1975
on 5/20/13 5:32 am - KS
VSG on 03/04/13

What a fantastic job you have done!!!

Definitely prove your Doc wrong...he doesn't know your determination and strength!

HW: 324  CW: 201.4

Tirza T.
on 5/20/13 7:28 am
VSG on 01/17/12

Great work Christina; I love your determination!

kwhitehead9
on 5/20/13 8:15 am - OH

Great job!

Start    

Manderley
on 5/20/13 8:26 am - New Port Richey, FL

Hi, i'm new here. Could you please tell me what NSV and SV stand for? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

HW: 402, Nov 2012, down 89 lbs.      VSG 6/18/13 

ALAN J.
on 5/20/13 9:11 am

NSV = Non-scale victory

SV= Scale victory

Dont feel bad, I wondered the same thing last year too..  

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

Manderley
on 5/20/13 9:20 am - New Port Richey, FL

ohhhhh thank you! 

HW: 402, Nov 2012, down 89 lbs.      VSG 6/18/13 

sarapilar
on 5/20/13 8:56 am
VSG on 02/21/13

64 lbs is awesome!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

ALAN J.
on 5/20/13 9:12 am

Keep it up!  He may have just said that to you for motivational purposes…

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/13 9:20 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

That is great!!!! Your doc is very wrong I have seen people lose over 100 lbs. You do the work and you'll get there. Keep it up, don't let anyone pull you down even a professional.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views