VERY FRUSTRATED.

funnelcloud
on 5/21/13 2:09 pm

I know I posted the other day I've been constipated... and I still am having problems....   My weight this past week is crazy based on my friends scale ( i think is not working properly)  on the weekend it said I lost 7 lbs now it's saying i've gained that all back plus 1/2 lb....  I am constipated...drinking smoothies... and the first solid...is strawberries...  I  will not use her scale again.....or if I do...not take it seriously...because she leaves it on her counter puts bread and stuff on it.

Oh well....  I hope i'm back down again before the end of the week.

Funnelcloud

mickeymantle
on 5/21/13 3:32 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I only use the scale in my surgeons office It is a great scale , and they make shore it is accurate

If I bought a new scale It would be an old fashion 3 beam doctors scale, they never brake and are very accurate

maybe you should call you surgeons office maybe you need a stronger laxative or enema, 

I don't know how far out you are but you may need to add more fiber to your diet, talk to your nut ,and follow your plan

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Diana E.
on 5/21/13 3:35 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

Are you the one who uses the friends scale that is kept on a kitchen counter?  If so, honey, go treat yourself to a new scale.  It doesn't have to be fancy.  Just get a digital one. I have a weigh****cher digital scale I bought at Target for about $20 or $30... it only does weight and it's always consistent.  It's kind of a basic thing that you need during this process.  That way you can also weigh yourself first thing in the morning with no clothes on.  You won't have to worry about factoring in clothing weight or be at the mercy of, who I am sure, is a lovely neighbor.

As for the problem with #2.. are you taking Miralax?  It can take a couple days.... waiting sucks, but it will work.  Make sure you're getting all of your water in.  It helps tremendously.  I found out via my daughter's Ped., apparently 1 capful a day of Miralax is not what you're limited to.  My daughter is 5, she was on the verge of an impaction last week.  He perscribed 2 capfuls a day.... for a five year old!  Still took her 2 days, and trust me, it cleared her out.

Good luck to you!  :)

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

valentinoAB
on 5/21/13 10:55 pm

Hang in there!

Jackie T.
on 5/21/13 11:41 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Also if weighing yourself is going to drive yourself crazy don't do it!  I do weigh myself each day but I know some days I will be up and some I will be down and it will fluctuate day to day.  I don't let it bother me.  I do it more for patterns.  Also you need to use the same scale because different scales are going to read differently and also if you are not doing at the same time of day it will read differently also.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

SassyDiva
on 5/21/13 11:48 pm - AL

Miralax every morning in my coffee keeps me regulated.  Get your own scale & do you...

Jessica O.
on 5/22/13 1:41 am - Ann Arbor, MI

I found this link helpful to myself...

http://www.13.waisays.com/constipation.htm

I eat a lot of greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and string cheese and will not pass a stool for a week.  I'm convinced it's too much diary.

Sleeved on 11/23/11 at 302lbs (309 sw.) 5'6" / 41 years old

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views