Carbfusion

Mousesmom
on 5/26/13 10:09 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
I have had a headache for the last 5 days. Its been pretty bad and ran very close to a migraine.
Everything I have tried haven't touched the pain. I have been considering a trip to urgent care or a call to my regular PCP.
Tonight in my blah, I had about a 1/2 C of the dreamfield pasta with spaghetti sauce and ground turkey.
My headache is receding. I did some checking and I think I may need more carbs. I had kept them low for the last week.
I know most here keep carbs below 20-30.
Does anyone else consume more and
what foods do you consume to increase them?
I do put 3-4 frozen strawberries or a 1/4 of a banana in my morning protein.
mickeymantle
on 5/26/13 10:20 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

call

Karlyn or

Erin

and ask them if your eating enough carbs , mighjt also be the crazy weather this week

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

shutterfly
on 5/26/13 10:29 am - vancouver, Canada
You're right. My nutritionist was telling me about a patient who was too low on her carbs and had the same symptoms plus was feeling dizzy... seems like a good rule is 30-40 but nothing lower.

(I haven't had the surgery , I should add)
A. Kondrlik
on 5/26/13 10:34 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I do eat usually 50 to 75 daily.  I feel great and am happy with my rate of loss.  For carbs I only eat veggies, dairy, some fruit, rarely beans.  I DO NOT eat bread, crackers, white rice, , white carbs.  I eat a little oatmeal for breakfast a couple of times a week.  I confess tonight I took a couple bites of whole wheat pasta today, it did not sit well and I won't be eating it again. When I was super low on carbs I did not feel well. I try to eat 2 tiny servings of non starchy veggies and 2 tiny servings of fruit if I have room after my protein.  I eat 5 small meals focusing on protein so there is not alot of room for much else.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Mousesmom
on 5/26/13 11:06 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
Thank you.
califsleevin
on 5/26/13 12:44 pm - CA
I ran anywhere between 70 and 120 g carbs all thru my loss phase, and wouldn't have wanted to lose any faster. Low carb diets are very much the fashion today (and particularly here on OH) but are far from essential for sleeve or weight loss success. Do what makes sense for you and your health.
Low glycemic index fruits and veg along with some whole grains, and even some potato or sweet potato (very calorically efficient source of potassium) will bump your carbs to a healthier level, broaden your overall nutritional profile and help you to establish better long term dietary habits.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

A. Kondrlik
on 5/26/13 10:04 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

Califsleeving....  I wholly agree with you that FOR ME, it is all about developing long term dietary habits.  i feel that by including fruits and veggies during weight loss I am preparing for maintenance.  The plant based and  dairy based carbs I eat have not triggered any cravings. but the couple times i ventured into bad carbs certainly did.  

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 440 views