Puppy Tales

Mousesmom
on 5/28/13 2:11 pm - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
Or maybe tail. That was my view this evening. AS I JOGGED.
Since 2 months before my vsg I have been walking at least 5 days a week 1-2 miles.
With 3 dogs I usually get out on the weekends but dont usually track my walks.
Tonight I decided to take my leash puller and use her to my advantage. We alternated walking and jogging. I admit she pulled me some. Definetly farther then I would have jogged on my own.
Here's to improving enough so that her tail isnt my view!
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/13 2:20 pm

Congrats! That is real progress!

Linda B.
on 5/28/13 4:11 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

We don't have a dog (4 cats), but we take our neighbor's lab out for a walk one or two evenings a week, sometimes more. Our neighbor got her as a puppy to be a watch dog (and she is good at it), but she was raised with three little dogs, so Jill doesn't know she is a big dog. Taking her out is good for us, good for the dog, and good for neighbor. Our neighbor is in her 70's and has a hard time with Jill on a leash because she doesn't have much hand strength. So I totally get the "leash puller" type of dog. Don't worry, you won't be left lagging behind for long. I hear dogs are great training partners.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/28/13 7:47 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Cool! What kind of dog do you have? I have a golden (male) and a bouvier bernois (female) and when I walk them I literally can fly through the air as both of them can be pretty strong. I am glad they are trained to heel but if I let them run I will be lifted off the ground!!! LOL!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Mousesmom
on 5/29/13 1:53 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
We have a 12 yr old Schipperke. He's not a puller any more. Although he used to tow my teenager on his skate board. A Vizsla/Dachsund mix... who is my puller . She is a bit of a hand full.
And a recent rescue of a golden/shepard(they say)mix. She is a dream to walk. But is attached to my daughter so really doesnt want to go with me.
We cant walk them together because the girls compete for head position.
So they get walked one at a time. No complaints though. It gets in exercise.
grayC
on 5/29/13 7:03 am
VSG on 05/01/13
I have a 140 lb Newfoundland and she loves her walks, but shes a meanderar...
Slow pace, sniffing everything and once the weather gets hot forget about it! LOL!
We walked about half a mile today and its hot here today about 85... You'd think she was having a stroke the way she was panting!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views