9 months out and hungry...

krkelly29
on 6/18/13 5:00 pm - LA
Its been a while since I have been on... Im now 9 months out 120 down.. But Ive been riding 316 and 319 for 3 weeks.. I dont knw what to do.. I work out daily. I still drink my protein shake with almond milk in the morning... But no set meals after that. Im picking over my food. I get hungry and eat maybe one or 4 fries or whatever is in the kitchen... I need some suggestions on getting back on track and making my scale move!!! HELLLLLLP!!!!
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/18/13 5:06 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Great job on the 120 in 9 months!!! Way to go! Now plan your meals. You have breakfast under control. Then at 10H30 have a protein rich snack. At 12H30 or 1 p.m. have lunch. Protein, vegetables. At 3H30 have another snack - vegetables or a greek yogurt. Then at dinner another 2-3 oz of protein and vegetables. Don't pick. Don't graze. That is a slippery slope to regain. Eat meals that you have planned (and preferably cooked!) at regular scheduled times and privilege nutritionally dense foods. You can do it! And stay away from the fries from now. If you are hungry, drink. Water, tea, etc. - zero calorie stuff. Are you getting in your fluids? How is your exercising? The scale is a ***** I hate mine. I have two actually. Hate both of them. But I get on every morning faithfully. It hasn't moved in what feels like months. It's only been 3 weeks really. But it is definitely much slower now than before. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

krkelly29
on 6/18/13 5:12 pm - LA
Thanks so much! !! Im not getting all my fluids in PERIOD! And I knw thats part of my problem. I exercise daily 45 mins elliptical and I do my weight training. What kinda tea are you drinking??
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/18/13 5:15 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I drink all kinds of tea - all day long. I get at least 10 but usually 14 cups in a day - 8 oz each. So I am over the requirement. Fruit tea, earl grey, chai, regular black tea, mint tea, chamomile tea, hibiscus, you name it - if it is in a tea bag I drink it. I like even just ho****er with some lemon. Get your fluids in and plan things out. It's really important!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mackieb
on 6/18/13 9:33 pm

So it is okay to have caffeine?  I just wondered, because I love plain iced tea and right now, 5 weeks out today, I am only drinking water and green iced tea, since that is low in caffeine.  Just wondering...and thank you!

Becky

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/18/13 9:38 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

My doctor told me it was OK for me. I would ask your doctor just to be sure that you are following his advice that is appropriate for your particular situation. There are also lots of decaf teas!

A. Kondrlik
on 6/18/13 9:43 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

Julia  I had to chuckle, the plan you recommended is EXACTLY what I do, even down to the exact times you suggested eating.  I can verify that it works.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/18/13 9:55 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Hey Anne.. yeah, there are really no mysteries here.. no secret society of post ops doing something that is a miraculous new way of losing weight. It's the same as any healthy and mindful eating programme - with or without surgery. The surgery just helps us stay the course. It has certainly helped me resist the Pizza and Pasta demons so far. And it does work indeed! I am glad you can attest to it and am delighted that it works for you! Me too! Notwithstanding my mega stall... 

butterfly3851
on 6/19/13 12:17 pm - TX

Iced tea has been my savior with the no more diet drinks - but check with your plan.

I absolutely love going to Sonic and getting their unsweet tea with Mint (flavored with Splenda) added.  I also get an extra cup of their ice (put in fridge) to add to the tea as I slowly drink it!!  New choices but helps getting the liquids in!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 378 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views