Day 3/Vitamin Issues

hannahp
on 6/21/13 2:40 am - MS

I am on day 3 of liquids for my pre-op diet. I am supposed to do full liquids starting 2 weeks prior and then I go to just clear liquids 1 week prior. 

It really hasn't been as hard as I would have though. I'm hungry, don't get me wrong - but I'm not as miserable as I thought. 

The morning of day 2 I had not lost any weight . I was thinking with such a drastic change I'd atleast lost a pound for motivation but I know, I'm probably jumping the gun. I was down 2 pounds this morning though at the beginning of Day 3 so that was encouraging. 

The hardest thing I'm dealing with is all these vitamins and protein powders. THEY TASTE SO GROSS! I can normally get a vitmain or two down and then I start gagging. And the protein powder -- devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a very picky eater and if I don't like something I can't seem to just "force it down." Well, I do, but it comes right back up. I'm still trying different brands and kinds (I've tried powder and liquid) but I am worried I won't find one I can tolerate and I know how extremely important it is to get all this in. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions???

I'm fine with taking pills but the vitamins are mostly so large I know that will not be ok after surgery.

I'm supposed to be taking - 2 multivitamin with iron doses daily and 2 calcium doses daily along with 60-80 mg of protein. 

ParisGirl
on 6/21/13 3:24 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Have you tried any of the chewable vitamins?  I'm using the Multi and Cal Citrate from Opurity.  Taste good and sit well in my stomach.

hannahp
on 6/21/13 4:07 am - MS

I can eat one chewable but then I start gagging on the second. The calcium citrate vitamins I have are chewable. Trying to spread them out and its not so bad. 

I'm just weird!

Hannah, 25

VSG: July 3, 2013

"There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind." -C.S. Lewis

Horizon29
on 6/21/13 3:27 am
VSG on 05/22/13

The protein powder I use now is Unjury Chocolate Splendor, I a sample pack from unjury and tried it before surgery. I hated it!! Now? It is the only protein powder I like. I enjoy having my drink in the morning, it has replaced my coffee. The headache from that withdrawal was no fun post surgery. My point is you might now like the drinks now, but your taste really can change after surgery.

Monica

Monica

hannahp
on 6/21/13 4:08 am - MS

The doctors office actually just gave me some Unjury to try. Its not chocolate but its next for me to try.

Ha.

Hannah, 25

VSG: July 3, 2013

"There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind." -C.S. Lewis

Horizon29
on 6/21/13 4:18 am
VSG on 05/22/13
The chocolate was the only one I liked. The strawberry has a bite to it, and the vanilla was way too sweet for me. I do hope you're able to find something you like.

Monica

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views