Wish list for post sleeve

Smcquithy
on 6/21/13 12:27 pm

A couple of us talked about a wish list of things we want to be able to do after weight loss. I'm just curious if I am one of a few with such a list. 

1. Take a picture of myself. Or at least be tagged on Facebook without wanting to die of embarrassment. 2. Be able to sing again and breathe at the same time. 3 be able to walk, talk and breathe at the same time. 4. Have my children be proud of what I look like. 5. Feel better than I do now. 6. Go to the gym and enjoy being there. 7. Go to the beach on vacation without being embarrassed. 

ShelleKarena
on 6/21/13 12:49 pm
VSG on 07/10/13 with

My list has some of the same things.  I would like to be comfortable in my own skin and not worry about future health problems. (you know waiting for them to happen)  More importantly, I would like to 

1. go skydiving

2. I want to both feel and look better.

3. What it really boils down to is that I don't want to be limited in my activities or where I shop.  

I don't know about you but I feel as if I have been living in a half life.  I can't do a lot of the things I would like to be able to do and I live in a state of anxiety (future health worries.. oh **** is that chair going to break when I sit in it. etc) I am tired of that life. So glad surgery is in 2 1/2 weeks. 

MuttLover
on 6/21/13 12:55 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Taking an airline trip and the fold down table not hitting my stomach -- and not having to wonder if I'll need a seat belt extender!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

VSG on 06/12/13
Yes! I just found out I may need to go to London for work in September. My VERY FIRST thought: awesome! I might actually be ok in coach for that far!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

ever
on 6/21/13 1:04 pm - Saratoga Springs, NY

1) Sit with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs.

2) Feel small next to a man. I've never felt small. 

3) Have someone I know but haven't seen in a long time not recognize me.

4) Not race to the nearest computer every time my phone notifies me that someone tagged me on Facebook and my picture is out there at some horrific angle that shows EVERYTHING.

5) I want to buy a pair of jeans at Abercrombie and Fitch, because for once I won't be too fat to fit into their stupid clothes. I want to wear those jeans for a full day and then I want to give them to a homeless person.

6) I want to go to yoga class and not have my movement restricted by my body size. I LOVE yoga, and I am pretty balanced and very...bendy. However, there are things that my bulk stops me from getting into positions that I KNOW that I can get into, that my body WANTS me to get into. 

7) Go to the beach and actually remove the ridiculous layers of clothing I usually wear on the beach. I need to make up for years and years of low vitamin d!

8) Get picked up and spun around. I don't care who does it. I just need it done. 

9) RUN. I want to REALLY RUN. Not jog. Not walk. I want to sprint. I want to be that lady who gets up in the morning, straps on her shoes, and runs until she's high and blistered from it. I don't have that kind of lung capacity at the moment. It would really strain my knees. I need to lose some of this weight to start training for that.

10) I want to take a pole-dancing class. Having been fat my entire life, I never learned how to wear heels. And I never really learned how to dance. I also have no idea what it feels like to feel kinda sexy. I'm not saying I want to progress into a turbo**** or anything, but... I really want to know how to swing around on a pole in stillettos and fishnets. 

*shrug*

Chrissy W.
on 6/21/13 1:16 pm - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

Number 1... Yes. A loud and resounding YES. Maybe in a movie theater. I have a friend that always ends up in this position during a movie and I just sigh internally and wish the arm rests weren't digging into my hips.

I LOVE your #2 also, but considering that I'm 5'11", that's probably not going to happen with me ;)

Cindi A.
on 6/22/13 1:05 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

I love, love, love these!! I hope you get to do every single one of them! And more!

...and being spun around...ya, me too. I've always been terrified that someone will try to pick me up off my feet and get a hernia. I want to feel small and light as air too. Getting there...

The A+F jeans things gets a huge thumbs-up. LOL

And pole-dancing...great exercise. Go for it!

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Mommydoo
on 6/21/13 2:02 pm, edited 6/21/13 2:02 pm - OR

I love all the wants already listed, well most of them, not sure about pole dancing, lol... 

I really want to dress up in a prom dress, maybe two or three, go out on the town with my husband or better yet, fellow weighloss buddies and their spouses too!  I have been overweight all my 40 years of life.  I only attended one formal dance in high school but due to my date it was really a bad experience.  I missed out on all the dances, boyfriends, dates, parties, etc - I want to experience dressing up in those silly, but some beautiful dresses, and do my hair and make-up extra spectacular too!  I even thought of having a second wedding but that might be just too much. :)

ever
on 6/21/13 3:51 pm - Saratoga Springs, NY
Pole dancing classes! Not like...actual stripping in bars! Just wanted to clarify that!
vixkix69
on 6/21/13 8:53 pm

Most of these, not all, but most are on my mental list, too! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views