Upper arm workout for MadlyInLoveWithCheese

VSG on 06/12/13
From a request in another thread, here are some of the upper arm exercises my trainer has me doing. They may be hard to explain and they use gym equipment...hopefully this will be ok!

The hardest one uses a resistance band. I loop it over the big stationary machine and do pull-downs, from forearms level to forearms next to my side. FEEL THE BURN, LOL, this could probably be done at home. 15 reps x3 sets.

Then, there is one on the big stationary machine using a short rope handle attached to a pulley. I am on 20# here. I pull the rope Down to about belly button level, then out to sides. 15 reps x3 sets.

He also has me doing bicep curls 10# free weights, 15 reps x3 sets.

Another resistance band one: hold the band like a jump rope, then stand on it with both feet. Start with arms at sides. Do one bicep curl, then return to start. Then lift arms straight out to sides as far as they will go and return to start. This is one rep. 15 reps x3 sets.

I will look at my papers tomorrow and see if there are any others.

I will say, signing up with him felt so indulgent and wonderful. I count him as one of my surgery support people. He has demystified the gym for me. I highly recommend it, if you can do it.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

SAHM2four
on 6/23/13 7:11 pm
VSG on 06/17/13
it is ok to be working with weights this early? I was told I can't lift 10 lbs.
VSG on 06/12/13
Nope. This was all preop. I only have been walking since surgery. Thanks for clarifying!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

SAHM2four
on 6/24/13 1:02 am
VSG on 06/17/13
oh OK, thanks
MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/24/13 1:15 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with

thank you!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain