Our first disagreement

VSG on 06/12/13
Sleeve and I had our first falling out last night. I needed to get a little more protein in, and so I went to my samples and selected a Chike strawberry. I mixed it with almond milk and it was ok at first but then it became obvious that this was not going to work. I didn't have foamies, thank goodness, but a short time later, I was running for the bathroom. Luckily, it seemed to all leave my system pretty quickly and I was able to get to sleep fairly soon afterward. I feel ok this morning.

Now, my question this morning was what was that, and, more importantly, how do I keep that from happening again?

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

cajunlady1958
on 6/24/13 11:54 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Our sleeve will forever be in charge from now on. I know I tried one day to add some extra protein in the form of chicken salad and I was hugging the toilet a short time later. Now I know just because it shows I should have more protein for the day doesn't mean that the sleeve has read my food journal, lol.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Calking
on 6/25/13 3:50 am
VSG on 05/31/12

My best guesses are the usual suspects.  Drinking too fast.  Drinking too much.  Possibly even too cold.  It seems that the colder things are the slower I need to drink them.  The only other possibility is too sweet (although I haven't seen this as a common issue). 

The odd thing is that I don't think I have found something that was so sweet that it has caused an issue with my stomach with the one possible exception of cantaloupe.   I tried a sample piece at a local grocery and felt bad fairly quickly.  I didn't make the connection but a few weeks later I tried another piece with similar feelings.   My conclusion is that it is possibly too sweet for me.  Which is odd as I haven't had any issues with other sweet fruits such as a sampled piece of watermelon.  I think I have even tried pineapple without issue.  

Did you add anything to the mix or was it just the package with the almond milk?  Have you had the Chike Strawberry before without issue?  Otherwise perhaps something in that mix did the trick.  Really it is hard to know as it may even have been a combination of things.

The only way to know for sure is to experiment and draw conclusions.  Often if I make a mistake but am not sure what the mistake was I try to eliminate the causes by experimenting.  But to be honest by only issues really come down to the too much or the too fast and not the actual what I am eating or drinking.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

akr9911
on 6/25/13 5:09 am
VSG on 06/20/13

I can't believe you have gone 2 plus weeks with no fight with your sleeve. I have fought with it in the first 5 days, and I'm not changing anything up at all!

But sounds awful. I'm learning about my sleeve every day. I don't want to learn what you did last night. I wonder when I will. :(

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views