Newly sleeved!

sweetangeldm38
on 6/27/13 6:07 am
I had VSG on Monday and was home on Tuesday. I feel fine with the exception of the sharp pain when I am getting off of the chair. Or walking up the steps. I havent been able to walk much. I had a delicious protein shake with sugar free almond milk, sugar free caramel pudding and i have been drinking it all day. I have gotten in 20 grams of protein...only about 15 ozs of water. My mother is boiling chicken in chicken broth and I will get the broth for dinner. I want to make sure that I am not overdoing it. Also, the scale is not moving.
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/13 6:32 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Welcome to the other side!. Sounds like you are doing great. The scale will move before you know it and you will be feeling better in no time.

sweetangeldm38
on 6/27/13 6:38 am
Thank you for responding. I have been on here daily for months and gone through months of nutrition classes and now that it is time to put it to work, I am lost!
Sandy M.
on 6/27/13 6:55 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

One suggestion on the protein shake - if you can handle it, use nonfat milk instead of the almond milk.  Almond milk only has about a gram of protein, and when you're struggling to get your protein in, every little bit helps!

You're doing great!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

sweetangeldm38
on 6/27/13 7:11 am
Thank you. I will get some today. One more question, did you keep the catheder in for the full five days? My stomach doesnt feel numb anymore and it is so irratating.
hollykim
on 6/27/13 7:23 am, edited 6/27/13 7:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

at 4 days about you are doing great. Try to up your liquid,mix in some lemon or Mio flavor drops or crystal light or something and it will go down easier. 15 oz is not sufficient so try for a little more every day. Liquids are more important than protein early out...it is VERY easy to get dehydrated and end up in the ER for IV fluid. You have plenty of fat stored for your body to break down and use so dont worry as much about the protein. You can count the liquid in protein shakes as part of your daily liquid total,too.

Almond milk is fine. it has less carbs than skim milk,and yes less protein,but it depends on what you are trying to do. Carbs in milk used to stall my weight loss so i used the almond milk for less carbs. I was getting plenty of protein from the shake powders so the little bit in milk wasn't worth the carbs to me. For the 8 gms of protein in the milk there are 12 grams of carbs. anything that has more carbs than protein is not really a good choice in my opinion.

GL

sweetangeldm38
on 6/27/13 7:32 am
Thank you HollyKim!! I will take your advice. I surely cant end up back in the hospital. I am looking forward to the loosers bench1
Jennifer L.
on 6/27/13 11:53 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Someone suggested this to me (I cant remember who... brain is foggy today but chime in if you gave me this advice!)

Find some protein shakes (isopure has different clear liquids you can try) and make popsicles out of them! Walmart had a set of popsicle holder things for $4 and it had 6. Keep sucking on those and you can get liquids and protein all at once! That is what I hope to do post-op! :)

I know others have more suggestions on what to try, but this one made sense to me because popsicles are easier to get down.

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views