Ok, seriously......

hannahp
on 7/6/13 11:32 am - MS
Surgery was on Wednesday and the pain hasn't really been that bad from surgery but these gas pains have got to go!!!?!?
Yesterday they were almost unbearable. Earlier today was better but they've returned with a vengeance! The worst is in my right shoulder. All I do is moan!!

I've tried walking - even semi long distance, like outside down the road. I've tried a heating pad and gas X strips. Minimum relief.

When will this stop???????????????? Help!

Hannah, 25

VSG: July 3, 2013

"There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind." -C.S. Lewis

Tracy D.
on 7/6/13 11:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh, Hannah - I know exactly what you're going through, so sorry you are experiencing it!  I had that horrible right shoulder pain too.  Instead of long walks, more frequent short walks seemed to help me.  Seriously, I got up every single hour and walked for at least 10 minutes.  In the hospital they gave me these packs that heated up and they helped a lot too, at least for awhile.

In my case the gas pain seemed to let up after I got home and had my first BM (sorry TMI).  By day 5 it was pretty much gone.  

Hope it gets better real fast, hon!   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

hannahp
on 7/6/13 11:57 am - MS
Blah thank you! I'll try walking more frequently.
Wish I felt like eating/drinking something to get a BM going. Heh!

Hopefully it'll be gone soon. Day 5 is just right around the corner!!!!!!

Ugh just want some relief!

Hannah, 25

Hislady
on 7/6/13 1:54 pm - Vancouver, WA

This may sound odd but I swear it could help, I do it whenever any gas pains are killing me. Lay on the bed or floor on your back, pull your knees as close to your chest as you can and hold them for awhile (I usually count to 30 or so), then relax but keep knees bent and try again a few more times. Then relax with the bent knees again for 5-10 min. and usually that helps "move" things along. A nurse showed me this years ago and it never fails for me. Good luck!

Carmelita
on 7/7/13 3:42 am - Four Corners, NM
pineview01
on 7/6/13 4:18 pm - Davison, MI

We too were told to walk 10 minutes every hour awake.  Belching helps too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Minemake14
on 7/6/13 8:46 pm

The only pain I had after surgery was the shoulder gas pain...walk, heating pad then massage....

fran67
on 7/7/13 12:17 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
I tried everything and nothing worked. I cried almost non stop and just walked around my house for five days. Woke up on day six feeling so much better. Hang in there!!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

princesswimmer24
on 7/7/13 2:05 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I know this sounds silly, but do you have someone that can "burp" you? I had my gallbladder out about 10yrs ago and had horrible gas pain and my hubby suggested he burp me like a baby and of course I laughed at him. Well I wasn't laughing when he was done. He was able to move the air around for me so that I could burp it out. Every surgery I have had since them I let him burp me and have minimal issues. A friend of ours just had her vsg done last monday and was having a difficult time and I told her what hubby did for me, so her mom burped her and she felt so much better. Walking is a big help too!!

hannahp
on 7/7/13 7:50 am - MS
I've tried everything y'all have suggested. Thank y'all, some of it has helped!

It's day 4 so looking forward to some major relief in the next day or two!

Hannah, 25

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views