NSV Zumba Tonight! Pics B4 & After

dmhe
on 7/11/13 1:14 pm - TX

I had my ACL done 12/28/12 and have really been missing Zumba, it has been the last thing I was waiting to do again due to the lateral movements.  I went tonight even though my friend could not go and I thought I was going to be late.  Before my Sleeve that would have been enough to stop me, but this was my planned Cardio today, so I went anyway.  I am so glad I did, it was so much fun!  I LOVED it, and after class my instructor and friend wanted to take this photo!  I also added the before photo so you could see how my shimmy used to barely fit...I am on the right, on the bottom, I am on the left and we both fit in it!!!  By the way, I always had the moves, but man it is easier 100lbs lighter!!!

Zumba is such a mood booster!

Machelle.K
on 7/11/13 1:44 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

way to go!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

AmyInOrlando
on 7/11/13 1:44 pm - Orlando, FL

I can't wait to do Zumba again.  I was certified to teach in September of 2006, after losing 150 pounds with diet and exercise.  I broke my foot teaching a class and was never the same.  In the next 7 years I gained back 70 pounds.  After gaining the first 30 I was too humiliated to go back.  I was considered a role model because I'd lost all that weight and was maintaining it easily with Zumba.  I'm having my surgery on August 1st.   My plan is to go back just as soon as I can after surgery.  I'm 60 years old now, and probably will never teach again, except maybe Zumba Gold, but I definitely will go back to doing Zumba.  How long did you wait to go back after surgery?

Highest weight 272,  Weight on day of Gastric Sleeve 195, Goal weight 120, current weight 115.6

dmhe
on 7/11/13 1:54 pm - TX

I actually tore my ACL playing indoor soccer a month before my VSG but I was still able to exercise. I also was not going to get knee surgery since I was already scheduled off for the VSG. I waited until the end of the year to give me time to get off as much weight as I could, because I knew I was not going to be able to workout once I had the knee surgery.  I was able to walk and do the ellipitcal without a problem but I could not do anything lateral so I did not even attempt Zumba until now. I also wanted to get my ACL done because I already met my out of pocket.  I just saw my knee surgeon this week and he gave me the ok, so 7 months since ACL surgery, and I could feel it, but it was not painful.  I know how you feel, I used to teach aerobics many years ago and it is humiliating that my weight got so out of control.  I know that people are going to judge me for having WLS, but you know what, I don't care anymore.  I am healthy and it is working for me, unlike anything else I ever tried.

Mssstazzz
on 7/11/13 10:58 pm
VSG on 06/29/12
I would like to try Zumba..
Any tips on how to start out?
Was thinking of buying the dvd set or 360 game to start out?

Mssstazzz           

AmyInOrlando
on 7/12/13 1:30 am - Orlando, FL

Forget the DVD's, forget the game.... Find a class.  The enthusiasm of everyone in the group will get you hooked.  Zumba is a party... not a dreaded exercise session.... although you'll burn approximately 1000 calories in an hour.  If you like to dance you'll love Zumba.  Even if you think you have two left feet, trust me, the steps are easy and the more you go, the more comfortable you'll get, and each class you'll learn more. It only takes one class and you'll be ZUMBAFIED, I promise.  

dianne220
on 7/11/13 1:47 pm - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

Just beautiful!  Way to go!

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

dmhe
on 7/11/13 2:03 pm - TX

My signature does not work correctly.  My VSG was 7/24/12.  I am 5'3" tall and have lost 97.2lbs, I lost 100 but I have been celebrating too much lately and working to get back down to 130. :)

Mommydoo
on 7/11/13 2:28 pm - OR

Your before and after photos are wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing!  I have been doing Zumba up until now - I have surgery next Wednesday so I won't be able to attend any more classes. I am hoping I can go back after 6 weeks - does that sound realistic? I have lost 25 pounds pre-op and I attribute that to Zumba.  It makes me feel wonderful - physically and emotionally.  I can't wait to go back and hopefully be your size soon :)

Thanks again for sharing!

Blessings to you!

Kimberly

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

dmhe
on 7/11/13 10:42 pm - TX

I started walking in the hospital as soon as the fog lifted and I walked a lot until I was released for full activity 6 weeks out.  I then added the elliptical and worked up pretty quickly.  You should be able to go back to Zumba at 6 weeks but you will have to work up to your current level. I walked at Super Target and the fancy Kroger since it was July and very hot outside! 

Good luck next week!  I can't wait to pictures from your journey, take a bunch!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views