Running apps for iPhone..help please

Missdede
on 7/14/13 2:25 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12
I need to know which app is most user friendly and has a large display that I will be able to see without wearing my reading glasses. I've started running with a friend and I'm not sure which app she was using, but I think you could change the ratio of walk/run minutes? She's on holidays now and I need to be proactive and do this on my own as well. I am very technology challenged. Suggestions please.

Thanks
Deidra
msmetha
on 7/14/13 4:24 pm - MO
I use run keeper..I love it!!
Calking
on 7/14/13 4:33 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

I am unfamiliar with running apps for the iPhone however whenever I have to look for some such thing I go to 

Komando.com (from the Kim Komando show and click on Apps at the top followed by the categories listed.  

Doing this got me this link

http://www.komando.com/apps/category.aspx?id=8287

Perhaps this will prove helpful but I can not speak from experience.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

amylou823
on 7/14/13 9:47 pm - dearborn heights, MI

Hi Deidra! 

I use mapmyfitness. It is real easy to use, you simply hit record and the GPS keeps track of your route, speed and distance. Every mile it talks to you to let you know how far you have walked and how fast. When your done you hit save workout and it logs it and tells you how many calories you have burned. I sync mine to my diet tracker loose it and it automatically records it in my daily log. It's super easy, big font to see easily and I love it. 

Amy~

Sandy M.
on 7/14/13 11:02 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

This is the one I use as well - it syncs with MyFitnessPal.  It's very user friendly, and provides you with even more information online after you save your workout!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 329 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views