Frustrated

Jennifer L.
on 7/19/13 3:33 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Girl I would have done the SAME thing! I mean that whole half gallon?? She doesnt need that... you dont need that... maybe it was the heat getting to you both as well? Anyway, good job not giving in!! I think it is good you stood up for yourself and health. (My mom bought my boys oreos today... I think some anger might be in order for me too t if my family keeps doing that). 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Minemake14
on 7/19/13 8:55 pm

I have a different perspective with my kids and my eating/changing needs....my new patterns and choices are mine, not theirs.  My boys are 16, 14, 11...they support me, as much as they can, we talk about my food choices and healthy eating in general.  They have great metabolisms and are athletes, they seem to naturally gravitate toward healthier choices - but they still enjoy chips, cookies, ice cream in moderate and appropriate servings- and it is in my house.  I don't feel like I need to deny them treats they enjoy - I just need to not eat it.  You said it yourself "I have explained MULTIPLE times that my diet has changed..." My diet has changed, I just do not feel like I need to overly involve my kids in my changes, my example and their support suffices. 

Tirza T.
on 7/19/13 10:56 pm
VSG on 01/17/12

I think what I worry about with my son and not so much my daughter is that he will have an eating disorder. He remembers how big I was and kids in school teased him a lot. He is a very fit kid who has so much energy and is always active. He is very short for his age. I noticed he weighs himself on my scale and when his weight goes up he freaks a little. I try to tell him if his weight is going up that is good because he is growing. He will pull at skin (skin literally skin he is like a 10 year old with a six pack) on his stomach and he tells my daughter who is 8 that he doesn't want to get fat. It scares me. When I eat things he says "Is that bad for you?" That kid tries to keep me in check, which is good for me but, scares me about him. My daughter on the other hand eats junk doesn't care but, my husband gives her money so that it is an individual portion for her or the other 2 kids and not enough to be around the house and tempt me.

One thing I can say for you Mousemom is that your daughter is a teenager. It may not have been you with a mood swing, it could very well have been her. Our hormones are crazy at that age and sometimes our behaviors then just didn't make sense. I agree with the others that you just keep making your own decisions for you. But,  If she is usually supportive to your eating maybe you could let her go somewhere to get that item and eat an individual size of it when you are not around and she doesn't bring any home. Even though we are going through adjustments and changes our familiy is going through them as well. Plus she's a teenage girl....I am so glad I am not a teenager anymore LOL Good luck!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 241 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views