Frustrated

Mousesmom
on 7/19/13 1:29 pm - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
I have worked our butts off today getting things ready for a yard sale tomorrow.
Since I had to return something to the store I thought I would get some fudge bars or fruit bars as a treat. I was looking for inexpensive as I am still waiting for a travel reimbursement from work. I found 3 or 4 things to my daughter. These were things that I could eat at 90 or fewer calories and not a lot of sugar or fat.
She kept pointing out all these other things that she liked better.
I have explained MULTIPLE times that my diet has changed and I am not buying a half gallon of blue bunny ice cream or hagendaz, etc... she is usually really good about the changes and has seen her weight go from 133 to 126. And a size 7 to a 5.
I ended up walking away from her. I was angry. I buy her things she likes and I struggle to stay out of them. All I wanted was a freekin fudge bar. I could have spent more money and got both but I didnt.
I think I am pouting, lol.
pineview01
on 7/19/13 1:33 pm - Davison, MI

OK MOM!  First thing you need to let her know is YOUR the mom and she is the daughter and you have made the decision to do what is best for your family.  If she doesn't want what you need to succeed, she can buy her own when your not around.  You need her support.  You don't say how old she is but, it wouldn't matter to me.  (Yeah, I'm a bad ass.)

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Mousesmom
on 7/19/13 1:58 pm - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
On July 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM Pacific Time, pineview01 wrote:

OK MOM!  First thing you need to let her know is YOUR the mom and she is the daughter and you have made the decision to do what is best for your family.  If she doesn't want what you need to succeed, she can buy her own when your not around.  You need her support.  You don't say how old she is but, it wouldn't matter to me.  (Yeah, I'm a bad ass.)

She's 15. And the last child at home.
I could have, and usually would have gone that direction with her. Although, honestly she is usually super good about this sleeve business.
I just cant figure out if I was tired & cranky so I didnt handle it well, or if she really was being bratty.
I did read her the riot act. Reminding her I am still working this all out and expect that she be a bit more flexable with both budget and food choices.
But, part of me thinks this 51 year old was channeling a cranky 2 yr. Old
VSG on 06/12/13
I have a 15 yo daughter too. She can be amazingly supportive one moment, and a complete flake the next. I think it is 15 yo girl territory. When I am tired and at the end of my rope, I get flaky, too. It sounds like you guys were just not at your best- nobody communicating well, etc. perhaps have a rehash after everyone is in a different place mentally?

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

jenn227
on 7/19/13 1:39 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

It's so hard not to get frustrated when you're working your butt off (literally) and really just want a little understanding & support.  But I swear the understanding and support gene does not develop until our kids have kids of their own sometimes! 

Hang in there...you are doing great and are probably going through a little cranky phase (I have them once in a while since surgery).  So many changes, in such a short time, can mess with your inner peace button!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Mousesmom
on 7/19/13 2:00 pm - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
On July 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM Pacific Time, jenn227 wrote:

It's so hard not to get frustrated when you're working your butt off (literally) and really just want a little understanding & support.  But I swear the understanding and support gene does not develop until our kids have kids of their own sometimes! 

Hang in there...you are doing great and are probably going through a little cranky phase (I have them once in a while since surgery).  So many changes, in such a short time, can mess with your inner peace button!

Thanks for the support. Do u have a fudge bar ?
Lol...!
ShelleKarena
on 7/19/13 2:41 pm
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Luckily mine is 5 almost 6.  She is pretty flexible when it comes to treats.  They all look good to her!  Luke and I (mostly I) have been talking to her at mealtimes about what is healthy to eat and what is not.  She has my genes and his, and we both have problems with our weight.  I want her to be healthy growing up too.  Luckily she is at an age where we can change her eating habits.  I find the biggest thing we have had to teach her is how to chew her food completely and put her fork down between bites. BTW I have a fudge bar, but I am pretty sure it will melt as soon as I walk out in this Texas heat!

Super Cali Swagalistic Sexy Hella Dopeness!

Pre op: 15 lbs  M1: 18.4 lbs M2: 13.4 (2 wk stall) M3 14.4

Mousesmom
on 7/19/13 2:47 pm - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
On July 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM Pacific Time, ShelleKarena wrote:

Luckily mine is 5 almost 6.  She is pretty flexible when it comes to treats.  They all look good to her!  Luke and I (mostly I) have been talking to her at mealtimes about what is healthy to eat and what is not.  She has my genes and his, and we both have problems with our weight.  I want her to be healthy growing up too.  Luckily she is at an age where we can change her eating habits.  I find the biggest thing we have had to teach her is how to chew her food completely and put her fork down between bites. BTW I have a fudge bar, but I am pretty sure it will melt as soon as I walk out in this Texas heat!

Thanks. I appreciate the thought.
I was lucky that my kids have always been great eaters. They all enjoy yogurt, salads, etc...
I did a great job with them but a crappy job with myself.
ShelleKarena
on 7/19/13 2:58 pm
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Ain't that always the way though? We moms almost never take care of our own needs.

Super Cali Swagalistic Sexy Hella Dopeness!

Pre op: 15 lbs  M1: 18.4 lbs M2: 13.4 (2 wk stall) M3 14.4

Jennifer L.
on 7/19/13 3:31 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am like you with my kids! We spend a great deal of time talking about healthy foods, and mommy getting healthy. They seem to respect I cant eat certain foods (I am impressed with my little boys... they are only 3 and 5).Luckily, they do seem to have my husband genes... skinny little things! Have you ever seen a 5 year old with a six pack? Mine has it! lol and I have no idea how... My husband, however...haha now he IS trying to get healthy by going to the gym, but his eating habits are terrible... even though he now adds a salad to his days full of chips, subs, fast food, and pizza. lol I think once I am able to eat meats we will all eat differently because I wont have to make my own little slop while they have dinner. I will be able to make us all very tastey low carb foods. I have some great recipes! I just need to get use to cooking... I hate daily cooking... LOVE specialty cooking like christmas and thanksgiving... I make great meals! BUT every day cooking... hate it! Hate it SO much... if our family ever makes over a certain income (which could happen in a few years when my husband and I are both working) I will be getting a cook of some sort. lol I would rather have a cook than a fancy house! haha

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views