What tests pre-op?

pugmadkate
on 7/31/13 2:11 pm
I was supposed to attend my VSG seminar next week but they ran out of room and I have to wait until September. Not wanting to waste time, I thought perhaps I could get some pre-op testing out of the way. What pre-op tests did your surgeon require?
Thank you!
PrincessPR
on 7/31/13 2:21 pm
VSG on 12/17/13

Current EKG, sleep study, some blood work, and copies of my EGD (didn't have to have it done since I had a recent one done).  I also had to turn in a release from my primary Dr and a list of all diets I've tried (and failed at, ie weigh****chers, etc).  Most of the stuff I had to have done I had already done with my primary within the past year or so, therefore I just had to have the results / reports sent to my surgeon.

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

themexcellentone
on 7/31/13 2:31 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

You may not want to do them all quite so early.  My doctor wanted results that had been done within 7-10 days of surgery.

I had to have an upper GI, bloodwork, and an EKG.  Some doctors require chest x-rays as well.  I would ask the surgeon's office because everyone's requirements are different.  My husband (who is using the same surgeon) had to have an EGD instead of an upper GI.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mickeymantle
on 7/31/13 3:04 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i needed a stress test ,egk, blood, endoscope , sleep study, almost everyone needs a cpap that has a sleep study, so then you need to use the cpap at least 1 month before surgery 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views