I was feeling wonderful...until now

Smcquithy
on 8/6/13 10:40 pm
20 days out and I was feeling wonderful! I started our County Fair on Sunday, and by yesterday my entire stomach is sore and hurting. My Dr released me last week when I had my 2 week follow up. I had asked him about lifting restrictions and he said I was fine to do anything I normally would, including lifting, so I did. Terrible choice. I work my butt off at the fair as a 4-H advisor. Now I wish I wouldn't have listened to my doctor for once.
On the bright side I have totally stuck to my meal plan without even one pinch of fair food! And I have walked, walked, walked!

Stephanie

Nikke2003
on 8/6/13 10:46 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It's strange... around 3 weeks after surgery I was feeling great, generally no soreness and feeling good. Then I had one afternoon/evening where my stomach muscles were just SUPER sore for what appeared to be no good reason. Eventually it went away and all was well, but it did concern me. I was told that it was just my abdominal muscles continuing to heal. I think it happened again a week or so later. 

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, but if it persists or gets worse, definitely call the doctor. Congrats on sticking to the plan at the fair, that can be tough!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Smcquithy
on 8/6/13 10:54 pm
That is the way this feels. It is like my tummy muscles are very sore. It hurts to move.

Stephanie

Nikke2003
on 8/6/13 10:55 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Right! I had that too... it felt like I had done 1000 situps... when I really I was barely even walking too much at that point. It went away after that day, but definitely had me concerned because I had been feeling great!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

mimij
on 8/7/13 2:01 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

You just overdid it. It can happen. Rest when you are able.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views