Big bottom ladies?

RollerCoaster14
on 8/7/13 1:03 am

Hello-

Okay, this post is for my own vanity's sake. (Let's just call it like it is.) I'm VERY bottom heavy. Even when I was a healthy weight, my bottom stuck out so much it would inspire people to cuss aloud before they had time to edit their thoughts. BIG. ANNOYING.

Anyway, I can't really find any before/after pictures of other ladies with my body type. I've seen the loose skin on arms and bellies turn into aprons, but I have no idea what's going to happen to my hips/thighs/butt. Can anyone help me with what to expect?

Thanks in advance.

HW: 285  CW: 277 GW: I'm hoping for 145, but haven't discussed it with a nutritionist yet.

Nancybefree
on 8/7/13 3:26 am
VSG on 11/21/12

At 357 pounds I carried my weight all over, as you might expect.  That resulted in a very large backside, including the infamous shelf.  My hips carried large pads of fat on the sides as well.  Thighs were very large.

Now my backside is nearly flat.  Not bragging, but just informing that, in profile, the line down my back is pretty much even, with no more shelf.  That is not the result of any special exercises or anything, but merely losing so much weight and fat padding back there. The side pads of fat are very much deflated as well, but there is still some protrusion due to in part to all of the excess abdomen skin that I have.  Pants that fit me (such a new concept after decades of stretch fabrics!) help significantly with that, fwiw.

That's my experience, at least.  Hope this helps somehow.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Vanessa_M
on 8/7/13 4:26 am

I carry most of my weight behind me. Because I am soooo concerned about extra skin / flabiness, I spend a lot of time walking / running. I also use firming lotion religiously. I am only 3 months out but at 70+ pounds down and only 34 pounds from my first goal, the Mighty Thighs and the Wagon I'm Draggin' look okay!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Pura Vida
on 8/7/13 11:31 am - Costa Rica

Pura Vida
on 8/7/13 11:33 am, edited 8/7/13 11:46 am - Costa Rica

I was definitely a "big bottom girl" and my highest weight was 273, had a good shelf going, I am down to 150ish and I still have a booty, but not annoyingly big. I hope these photos are helpful, takes a lot of balls on my part to post this!!

And yes, I do excersize and no, I have not had any plastics on my legs or backside. I kept my basic shape, I do have stretch marks all over my thighs, but I can live with it.

Heather

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/13 1:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13

you had a great shape to begin with (great waist).  i'm similar, i always described myself as 'normal hourglass shape but fleshier' lol.

RollerCoaster14
on 8/8/13 2:04 am

Thank you very much, that was very brave. You have a good heart to help a stranger like me in such a vulnerable way, and you look AWESOME.

Would you mind telling me what type of exercise you do, and how often, etc? I'm scared to start; my knees and lower back and feet hurt so bad, and it's only ever failed before. *sigh* I need to work on that.

HW: 285  CW: 277 GW: I'm hoping for 145, but haven't discussed it with a nutritionist yet.

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/13 1:42 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13

my doc told me the good thing about being bottom heavy (or pear shaped as we all call it) was much healthier than being apple shaped with all the weight up top.  so you got that going for ya with a badonkadonk.

check this site out too it gives a GREAT example of different body shapes and weights - and an idea of what u might expect by looking at the bottom heavier girls in the pictures.  some of them have lost weight.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

RollerCoaster14
on 8/8/13 2:05 am

SFW or NSFW? (Lunch break, heh.)

Esquared
on 8/8/13 4:11 am, edited 8/8/13 4:15 am - CA
VSG on 06/06/13

I have a really big ass which has significantly reduced in the past 3 months; 2 since surgery. The "shelf" can no longer hold things, nor does it knock drinks off of people's tables (Come on, that only happened once!)

But seriously - in the past, the things that helped my butt the most were squats, spinning, and walking at an incline. And swimming - I had to edit this to reflect that swimming helps A LOT, too. I imagine it's because this strengthens the areas and keeps them somewhat lifted. Never know. Going forward, I plan to do as much of those things as possible during my weight loss phase. I anticipate my butt will be pretty deflated after this whole process; before, once I lost a large amount of weight, I stayed "bottom heavy" but my waist was very small - if that's your shape, it will stay that way all the way down! Embrace that booty :) I have photos of shelf reduction - I will see if I can post them for you.

"I am what I am not yet." - Maxine Greene

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views