having mixed emotions

jojo1283
on 8/17/13 5:58 pm - jerome, ID
VSG on 08/20/13

having mixed emotions of guilt but relieved all at the same time,,,,,, so I'm having surgery Tuesday and so i went to a local car show and yes i felt like i needed my last binge so i had a funnel cake and an elephant ear obviously  i shared with my children i only had a couple bites and a coke..... i know the fair will be coming in  to town September and post op i cant have those things and i start liquids on Monday I'm just glad i got it out of my system and conscience   angel

beagal70
on 8/17/13 9:57 pm - TX
VSG on 08/06/13 with
I think it is natural to feel unsure of what we are giving up so we want to have one last binge. I know I had one last big meal at Texas Roadhouse, don't best yourself up about it. Good luck on Tuesday.
Joy M.
on 8/18/13 2:09 am
VSG on 08/06/13

I wouldn't beat itself up at all. Because post op u will vomit anything like that up. So be glad u had a "last hoorah" I guess u say. My body doesn't seem to like any kind of sugar or carbs I'm noticing at two weeks out. Even creamy mashed potatoes made me sick, yet I can handle cottage cheese. I guess it's the sleeve helping me make better food choices. Good luck with ur surgery!

tysmom01
on 8/18/13 3:04 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

I see nothing wrong with having a "last meal". May be because I did it too!! The night before the start of my diet, I had pizza. I sure wouldn't beat myself up about it. You're going to do great! I'm only 6 days postop so not much experience yet. But I can say that I'm not hungry and not craving all the things I did preop. Good luck to you!!

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views