Well, I've been super busy! Life a year later-

morgans
on 8/21/13 9:47 pm
VSG on 06/18/12

I'm now 14 months post op and down 95 lbs. 

I own 4 horses that I didn't before surgery and am looking forward to cooler weather to do even more riding.

Recently I spent about 3-4 hours a day for about 4 days hacking down the jungle that has grown out of control with our rainy Georgia summer. Pretty much by myself. Several piles of the brush and saplings are almost 5' high. I did that. Me. Without passing out, needing a nap, or being so sore the next day I couldn't move. 

I am flexible - fat does not get in the way of me touching my toes.

I can walk into a job interview and sell myself; not be self-conscious about my ill-fitting interview clothes and the size of my ass.

I always have leftovers from eating out.

I can comfortably fly coach.

My grocery bill, which was comparatively small before surgery, is now miniscule.

My sciatica is completely gone.

This is a photo of me yesterday riding one of my horses for the first time. He's a 3 year old Thoroughbred that I adopted from a rescue in Louisiana. He was starved. He's been working with professional training so I've only been playing with him on the ground. Normally I ride English, but we decided to see how he felt about a Western saddle. 

My thighs are naturally chunky and I have Oompa Loompa legs. At some point I will probably have some plastics done but so far the only time I really notice this is when I get my photo taken on a horse. LOL!

I take care of myself in little ways now that I didn't before. I get pedicures since my cracked heels are gone and I can wear sandals. I see a massage therapist every two weeks. I have a fantastic colorist who makes sure my hair looks as young as I feel. 

I own dresses.

katym
on 8/21/13 10:05 pm - PA

Great job! It is great to think about all the life changes and not just the # on the scale. 

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

tigerbelle
on 8/21/13 10:43 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

great update...congrats on your wonderful success and "new" life angry

ravenbrown
on 8/21/13 11:05 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Excellent post!  Congratulations on your SV and many NSVs!  I especially love that you're taking care of yourself or pampering yourself in small ways.  I think that's a wonderful testament to your confidence and self love :)

Ihearttennis
on 8/21/13 11:07 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

How wonderful! I am so happy for you.  Congrats

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

jenlaur1
on 8/21/13 11:15 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

your post has reminded me that I will get past the post op pain.  (I had surgery Monday afternoon)   Thanks for posting. :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Nancybefree
on 8/21/13 11:53 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

Great job!  Life sounds good chez vous.  :)

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

The_True_KayD
on 8/21/13 11:57 pm

I enjoyed reading your post. What a great journey! I loved what you wrote about rescuing your horse from abuse. I have started my pre-op weight loss. Yesterday afternoon I was struggling with Head hunger. I had finished lunch and put everything away. I wanted to eat something more! I decided to quickly grab some water and go into my livingroom. I have a cat who I adopted and rehab'd after being abused. As soon as I sat down she got up from where she was sleeping and came and sat on my chest. Her curling up on me helped the head hunger pass. I realized at that moment that my "fur kids" are part of my support team!  Wishing you continued victories and blessings!

KayD

sillymilly
on 8/22/13 12:47 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

Congratulations on all you've accomplished!  I would love to ride again - I had so much fun taking lessons with my nieces, almost 10 years ago.  I stopped when I got over 250 because I was worried about the poor horse having to trot around with me on her back.  I was too embarrased to ask my trainer if horses had a weight limit.

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

morgans
on 8/22/13 8:10 am
VSG on 06/18/12

You will ride again!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op