3 month follow up

Horizon29
on 8/27/13 9:27 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

Went in yesterday for my 3 month follow up. I am down 68 lbs, and my doctor seemed really pleased with my progress. I was certain it had been longer, it seems like forever ago that I had the surgery. Things I am doing right, taking my vitamins, working hard at getting all my water in (this one is still kind of hard, but it's getting a bit easier), getting in all my protein, and exercise. I would like to increase my exercise as I think this will help me go the rest of the way. My knees still hurt after a walk, but I don't deal with the pain on a daily basis, and it's not caused by getting up and down from a chair. I have learned that stairs will cause the pain to last exponentially longer. I believe that at some point this won't be the case.

Everyday isn't perfect, but the sleeve has definitely made it easier to make the choices I need to make. My husband hasn't changed his diet, but I definitely have. I have had mashed potatoes here and there, but know that it can trigger cravings, so unless I'm certain I can handle it for a day or two I won't touch them. I haven't touched any other triggers, cream of wheat, and cream of rice can both trigger cravings, and considering I view them as a breakfast food I don't touch them. All day with cravings can have me wind up in a bad place. Peanut butter has not triggered any cravings, but I limit that to sugar free/natural varieties, and only have it occasionally. I read labels, but more important than that, the majority of the foods I eat now don't have labels.

It was hard to fathom how much weight that is until your doctor tells you to take a 50 lb bag of dog food from the grocery store and walk up and down the aisle a couple times with it, and you've lost more than that. I still have a long way to go, but really have a hope that I never had previously.

A couple of my NSV's tying my shoes, painting my toenails, losing 3 pant sizes, being able to feel my collar bone (although it still isn't visible), that is a huge one for me. Feeling better than I felt before. My headaches are less frequent, I believe this is due to my increased activity level. Less pain in the knees.

Sorry for such a long post, but it felt great to see how far I've come, and I look forward to continuing the journey.

Monica

Nikke2003
on 8/27/13 9:53 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on all of your success so far!! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

megan.sherman
on 8/27/13 10:11 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

Keep up the great work.  You should be very proud of yourself!

tigerbelle
on 8/27/13 10:59 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

great update...congrats on the success so far and good work angry

Kympiggie
on 8/28/13 12:00 am
VSG on 05/28/13

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!  Awesome job!  Keep up your great work and thank you for sharing.

Kym:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views