Tattoo's

Mousesmom
on 9/4/13 10:53 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
So in honor of my journey, and my kids I am considering a tattoo.
I know what I want. A tree of life. I plan on putting my children's initials on the trunk. The last bit is I am adding a small dragon peeking around the trunk( I collect wizards, dragons, and castles).
So i am not looking for huge, and am considering putting it either on my ankle, lower leg area or upper back, lower neck area.
I am curious who else is thinking tattoo, what it will be and where?
♡
cajunlady1958
on 9/4/13 11:27 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I got a butterfly tattoo when I lost 100 pounds. I got it on the inside of my forearm. It is also my avatar here.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

abbyluwho
on 9/4/13 12:08 pm - kc, MO
VSG on 06/25/13 with

I'll take any excuse to get a new tattoo :)  however, I always promised my husband that they would be in places that are easily covered, and unless I suddenly get comfortable baring my goods, I think I'm probably done.  Especially since all the covered parts are shrinking!

I do have a tattoo on one of the girls, that I might break down and get some work done on.  We shall have to see what happens when all the weight is gone, and if plastics happen. 

VSG on 06/12/13
You know, I am toying with the idea. I have Rainbow Fish on my left ankle that I have had since I was 33. I have said for years that my next one will be a Cheshire Cat. My criteria for tattoos is pretty simple:
1. can't be anywhere that will sag (I once worked in healthcare and saw what 80 year old women look like naked).
2. I have to be able to see it.
3. I have to be able to cover it up.

So, unless I get the cat on my right ankle, I may break rule number 2 and consider one of my shoulders. I am going to see where things settle out, flabwise.

Now I just have to find a cat design that I like. I know the style, but the grins are all wrong. I saw the image once a few years ago and didn't grab it and have regretted it ever since.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

grayC
on 9/4/13 12:51 pm
VSG on 05/01/13
Have been thinking of getting an infinity symbol made from my sons names..
Either on my inside ankle or wrist...hubby DOESNOT like tattoos on women especially..so it may take some convincing....

DreamAngel3372
on 9/4/13 1:05 pm

I don't have any tattoo's...but, when I get to goal I'm getting one.

I want a small one of yin/yang symbol using koi fish. Then I want my father's name next to one fish and my mom's name next to the other and my husband's last name in the middle. This symbolizes 3 things..first my parents who have passed away (mom 3 yrs and dad 2yrs)~ this surgery and me getting healthy was a big wish for them. And, lastly..my husband is my biggest cheerleader and he is also a Pisces.

I am 1/2 asian..so the yin yang symbol has always been something I've been drawn to. I want this over my heart so I can see it everyday.

-Sheri

Keep your dreams alive. All things are possible for those who believe.

Shanda J.
on 9/4/13 1:09 pm - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

I got a tattoo when I lost 100 lbs. it is a cross and it says "Failure is not an option"  It was my third tattoo. I think they are addicting.....lol    I told my husband that when I get to goal I want another one, two or more..lol

((HW) 326    (GW) 160    (CW) 195

Chrissy W.
on 9/4/13 1:27 pm - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

When I hit Onderland, I'd like to get Psalms 94:18 - probably on my foot. "When I said, 'My foot slippeth,' thy mercy, oh Lord, held me up."

I also really love the idea of the three little stars that are at the top of every page in the Harry Potter series... Maybe on my collar bone? I'm a book nerd and HP was the series that really got me into reading years ago. 

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

TeashaLorna
on 9/4/13 1:42 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

When I lost about 150 lbs I got one on my left forearm on the inside of my wrist. It is a stargazer lily done is pastel colours with pastel outlines. The lily stands for dedication, commitment, determination, struggles, success and dreams come true. I had the numbers of my heaviest weight designed into the staimens of the flower and the word believe written in a semi circle underneath wrapping the flower. The placement of the tattoo was so that when I am running and I want to give up I simply look at my arm and believe I can do it one more minute at a time and I will get to what ever I believe I can do. I have looked at it many times while training for my first 5K and since when running 7 and 8 K.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

linzeelee
on 9/4/13 1:47 pm - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

I love tats and will definitely be getting a goal tattoo (I have a butterfly with my highest weight subtly worked into the design in mind). I have several others I want to get (a half sleeve on my arm, for example, and a lower back tattoo), but I feel like I can't until I lose this weight and decide whether I need plastics. I also want foot tattoos. And portraits of my cats.

You mentioned upper back, and I will tell you I have had a tat on my upper back for 10 years, and despite much yoyo-ing with my weight, it has not changed a bit as far as position.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views