Roller Coasters ok??

jlangley
on 9/4/13 8:11 am - NC
VSG on 08/05/13

I'm almost 5 weeks post op... cleared for everything except weights for 1 more week... doing GREAT... my kids want to go to Busch Gardens... I WANT TO RIDE... Think its ok???

Shagdoll
on 9/4/13 8:18 am

I would actually ask your surgeon if it's ok, just to be in the safe side.  I was told no physical activity or too much strain for 6 weeks.  I don't know about that lap guard so close to your tummy.  I would just want to be sure.  BUT have fun regardless!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Jessdlc
on 9/4/13 8:37 am
I would also suggest you ask your DR. I know I mention to it courtesy office at Sea World in San Diego and the document on my pass that they would not be responsible and I had to wait 6mos after surgery to be cleared to ride on any of the rides.
JAlston
on 9/4/13 9:35 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I would also ask your surgeon. My friend and I went for a celebratory trip to an amusement park and a co-worker of her's said her WL surgeon told her she couldn't go at 6 months post op. My surgeon however was fine with it and released me to normal activities at 4 weeks. 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

VSG on 06/12/13
Great question! Totally agree on asking your doc.

My doc cleared me for all activities at 6 weeks, even horseback riding (Just don't fall off, he said). I turned around and bought memberships to 6 flags here and we rode and rode and rode...

Believe it or not, I think it is harder to ride thinner than bigger - to a point. I moved around a LOT more on these rides this time, compared to when I used to have to wedge myself into those seats.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

snowiekate
on 9/5/13 5:06 am - FL

I agree with the above posters - double-check with your doc!!

That said, I visited Cedar Point for the first time a few weeks ago (at 12 weeks post-op), and rode a MONSTER coaster - my first in at least 3 years. Getting strapped into that seat (and fitting!!!), actually brought me to tears.

So worth it.

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

jlangley
on 9/5/13 12:53 pm - NC
VSG on 08/05/13

Surgeon said YES!!!  Woohoo!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views