Question on increasing protein

Stephanie R.
on 9/28/13 9:08 am - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op and am in the full liquid stage of my diet. I get 30g of protein through my premier protein drink, and then another 26g of protein with a scoop of Nectar protein and 32oz of water. Then I get another 5-10g or so through various sources. I have no trouble getting water down. So I'm wondering if it would be good to add another 32oz of water with another scoop of the Nectar protein. That would get me to 80+ grams a day. It would also increase my calories from about 500 to 600. Any thoughts?

My WLS and Plastic Surgery Journey Page: Stephanie's Journey 

Sleeve: 9/11/13  LBL, TL, BL/BA: 12/16/14

diana44
on 9/28/13 11:03 am - GA
VSG on 09/04/13

Wow, you are doing a lot better than me.  I'm struggling to get 60 grams.  I've tried all sorts of protein drinks and powders and can't tolerate them.

Which protein drinks/powders are you using?  Are they frothy, airy, grainy tasting?  I'm trying some smoothies this week.  I'm on pureed foods so I've been trying to get my protein naturally from regular food, but my stamina is struggling.

Stephanie R.
on 9/28/13 11:36 am - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
I do one Premier Protein drink a day. This taste like chocolate milk to me. Then I do one scoop of Nectar Crystal Sky protein in 32 oz of water with some Crystal lite. I don't think it's grainy. I can taste the protein a little, but the fruity flavor from the crystal lite helps that.

I've also been putting Unjury unflavored protein in things like grits and I can't tell it's in there.

Good luck!

My WLS and Plastic Surgery Journey Page: Stephanie's Journey 

Sleeve: 9/11/13  LBL, TL, BL/BA: 12/16/14

Maggie May
on 9/28/13 1:06 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

Wow, you are doing fantastic. I'm 5 weeks out and cannot stand the taste of any protein drinks since surgery, especially the premiere which is weird because I liked it prior to surgery. I'm unfortunately not getting much in the way of protein. I'm ordering some unflavored to start trying to hide it in other foods but I think you are doing great!

Maggie May 

Nmmsg
on 9/28/13 10:01 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

My PA told me at my month check up to set a goal of 80gms of protein per day. I get most of mine from Isopure chocalate powder. I put it in my coffee in the morning.I get the other 30 gms from food.  I would not be able to get 80gms from food. I just does not fit. I am doing well and losing weight steadily so it works for me.My calories run around 600- sometimes a little more.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views