Vitamins and protein shakes!!

Endlesslywaiting
on 9/30/13 12:57 pm

I m beyond excited to start the post op diet. I have three weeks from today until my surgery (VSG) and I could not control myself from buying the vitamins and protein shakes I will need for the first two weeks post op. My surgeon requires me to get in only 6 oz of protein shakes a day..2 oz for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I went out and got the EAS advantage from Walmart (strawberry) I will be test tasting that tomorrow morning!! I am also able to have crystal light, sf popsicles, fruit2o, decaf coffee/tea, herbal tea and of course water. It is required I get in 32 oz of water for the day. (sip, sip, sip) The vitamins that I purchased are Walmart brand children's multi w/iron,(they taste like flintones, but better) citracal and pepcid complete. Was this the basic requirements for most for the 2 week post op diet?

themexcellentone
on 9/30/13 1:07 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Everyone's post-op requirements are different.  They vary per surgeon.  I know mine were like this:

3 weeks liquids only, 60 g protein, 64 ounces fluid minimum daily.  If it could not pass through a strainer, I could not have it.  I was confined to the following things:  broth, Isopure RTD's, Syntrax Matrix powders in water, sugar free Instant breakfast in milk, ad sugar free popsicles.  

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mrseveland
on 9/30/13 1:36 pm

Mine are: 60-75g protein from shakes and drinks like Isopure, strained soups, and an absolute minimum of 64oz of water sipped throughout the day. After 2-3 weeks I can add pureed foods, but the minimum protein and water stay the same. 

MrsEveland

Highest weight: 304     Surgery weight: 242     Goal weight: 140

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 231 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 306 views