The ball's a-rollin'!! :)

josiemorehouse
on 10/1/13 11:17 pm - Villa Rica, GA

So I started my VSG-ball rolling yesterday.  I have an appointment with the family doc to start my 6-month pre-surgery insurance-required diet (and to get my cholesterol re-checked, it was 247 4 months ago, ugh).  I reached out to my insurance company to gather all required details about their coverage for surgery and ask them to provide a list of BCBS of AL PPO In-Network bariatricians near Atlanta.  The hubster is on board with me, supporting me 110%, and I'm doing my research!! 

I never jump into anything lightly.  I weigh the risks and benefits.  I look at all angles of options to see what best suits my needs and expectations.  I KNOW this is the right decision for me. 

Last night, the hubster and I went to a dinner for his work, it was a celebration of longevity with the company.  First, my hubby works at a bakery.  Not a small, fancy pretty giant cake-making bakery, but a commercial bakery.  They make bread for grocery stores.  It's a large company.  He's the accountant of the branch here in Villa Rica, GA (po-dunk middle o' nowhere town 40 mins west of Atlanta).  So we get all pretty and fancy, go to this restaurant, and I seriously felt like a beached whale.  My dress was stretchy, but I still felt like a cow.  It was in that situation, squeezing between chairs and feeling horrendously uncomfortable in my dress, then catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror that I realized that I DESERVE to be happy.  I deserve to feel comfortable in my own skin.  And I don't.  Not now.  Not ever.  I don't want to go to a nice place with my hubby, and squish into chairs, or between seats, or feel like when I'm shaking someone's hand, my arm-fat is wobbly, or that I have no neck, or that my butt cheeks are hanging off the sides of the chair. 

I want to feel good about myself.  I want to hold my head high and know that I am healthy!  The only time I was ever 'happy-ish' was when I lost weight using the hCG diet.  I lost 28 lbs, I was down to 204, but that diet was so difficult because of starving.  500 calories a day on a REGULAR fat stomach was so tough.  I can do the calorie-counting, food-measuring, weight-monitoring.  I can't starve myself though.  I just hope that my insurance company doesn't make things too difficult for me.  I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure.  I can't reach my toes without bending my knees (and a fair bit of discomfort).  I want a life.  This surgery for me means a new life.  The life I'm meant to have.  Everything else in my life is perfect: awesome hubby, 2 smart and wonderful kids, amazingly awesome house, great car, the best job ever.  I just feel like a barnyard animal.  I can't truly enjoy my life when i look in the mirror every day and hate what I see.  I can't love myself when there's just so much to love. 

I'm done being squishy!  I'm done working my butt off to starve and lose a half pound.  Drastic times call for drastic measures.  And this isn't so much drastic as I hope it to be fantastic! :)

PS Seeing the befores/afters on this page really motivates me.  It's going to be a lot of hard work and pain, but I've been there, done that.  :) I hope that I can share super awesome befores/afters too!  I look forward to my journey.

Thanks for listening to my hump-day rant! :)

-Josie

LosingSarah
on 10/2/13 2:02 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Congrats on taking that step! 

lnettles1963
on 10/2/13 4:21 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Good Luck on your weight loss journey!!!!

sanjali23
on 10/2/13 6:46 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

I couldn't have said it better myself. I too am pre-op and feel a lot of the same things. It is so time for a change and yes drastic times calls for drastic measures.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 294 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views