One more week till My sleeve but..

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/13/13 12:23 am
I have my pre admissions testing tomorrow..so excited the time is almost her to start my new journey! I have a little issue right now, I have terrible toothache and someone told me I should tell the surgeons office because they may not want to do the procedure while I have a tooth issue!!?? Anybody here know if this is true? And why this may be? Thanks on advance for any feedback!
Deckeriv
on 10/13/13 12:25 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

If the tooth is infected, you don't want to have an operation with infection running around your body. Just go the dentist and take some antibiotics and that should be fine in a week.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Bufflehead
on 10/13/13 1:20 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

also if the tooth is loose in any way, you will need to get that taken care of before surgery. Inserting a tracheal tube can cause any loose teeth to be knocked out and pushed down your throat, which would be a big problem.

Member Services
on 10/13/13 4:57 am - Irvine, CA

You have gotten good advice here.  Please do take care of the dental issues first.  Best wishes and please keep us updated.

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/13/13 12:23 pm
Thanks! I actuality have a scheduled appt for the dentist tomorrow and I'm really hoping that being on antibiotics a week before surgery won't hold it off!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 221 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 301 views