Monday is the day..

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/19/13 11:54 pm
I'm having surgery tomorrow for my sleeve and I can't tell you how much anxiety I am having!! I am beyond nervous. Just keep thinking about the worst, I hate that I can't stop thinking about it. I am also very excited to have my sleeve and start my new adventure in life. So many mixed emotions. Dropping my daughter off the school like normal and driving away will be the hardest part she is 8 and knows what I am having done( very little details) and is excited too but has also asked if I will be back and if I am nervous. Just having to think about her is the reason I get so caught up in my emotions. Which I know is normal. If I don't make it on tomorrow before surgery please send me your prayers! Thanks OH friends!!
Sandy M.
on 10/20/13 12:11 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Prayers on their way!  But you know, you're gonna have to change your profile name.  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/13 1:08 am

I remember making a post just like yours about four and a half years ego.  :)  You are going to do just fine and will eventually be posting how this was the best thing you ever did for yourself and your daughter.  Hang in there, this is the scary part, but it just gets better and better and better after that.  

VS-Terry
on 10/20/13 1:12 am

4 and 1/2 years ago. Wow, you are a seasoned pro. I am so glad you are still doing well. Will look to you for support and inspiration in the upcoming days ahead.

VS-Terry
on 10/20/13 1:10 am

Monday, tomorrow, is my day too. 6am to hospital for me. Like you I too am nervous and excited. I wish the best for both of us. Keep in touch.

LosingSarah
on 10/20/13 1:21 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I am 4 days post op and was feeling a million emotions including being terrified. Thinking about my daughter is what made my emotions go wild before hand, too. I felt pretty calm, though, once I got to the hospital and was being prepped for surgery. The nurses and doctors were all super fantastic.

I have a four year daughter and did not tell her. She reacted badly to a previous much more minor surgery I had last November, so I just thought she's too young at four. I was gone when my daughter work up the day of my surgery, hubby said I had to work early, and when she came back from daycare he said I had to work late. She thing the next morning, and thankfully all was well and I was home before my hubby had to pick her up from daycare. She didn't question why I was gone, but sure was happy to see me. 

Sending you good thoughts!

B. Capri
on 10/20/13 6:20 am

Praying for both of you having surgery tomorrow!  I will be having mine on 10/28 so I ask you keep me in your prayers then too!  :)

kaf320
on 10/20/13 7:08 am

I will also be having mine on 10/28....good luck to you! Good luck to everyone!

Cindyb62
on 10/20/13 9:33 am
Good luck to both of you tomorrow! 4 months post, and yes it is the best decision I've made. Remember to start walking as soon as the nurses tell you to! It helps tremendously! Do what you can when you can! My prayers are sent! You will do great!

Before Surgery:249 Surgery Weight:232 Goal Weight: 140or less! Surgery Date 6/7/13

katie L.
on 10/20/13 11:22 am

I felt the same six moths ago. I prayed asked GOD to take care of me allow the doctor to be at his best and guide his hands, eyes and that his mine be clear during my surgery. Ask GOD for what you want..HE will answer. Try to get some  rest take a deep breath and here we go. I will be praying for you tomorrow. You will be fine.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 220 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 301 views