Goodwill & I are new BFF's

diana44
on 10/20/13 10:24 am - GA
VSG on 09/04/13

So, I'm about 7 wks post op & close to 40 lbs lighter.  My old clothes no longer fit -- so for the last few weeks I've been donating my larger clothes to Mr. Good & Will.

Thankfully, I have a whole closet of smaller clothes so I'm good right now.  Although, my shoes no longer fit.  Seems like my feet have shrunk as well.

Now, if I can just get all my fluids in -- things will be awesome....

"Progress not Perfection."

Sandy M.
on 10/20/13 10:30 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Soon you'll be shopping at Mr Good & Will for even smaller clothes!  I made a trip to Thrift Town today and got a bunch of work clothes I needed!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

JAlston
on 10/20/13 12:08 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

I did the same thing, it was like a clothes swap for me. I love Goodwill, I find so many great clothes there. 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

katie L.
on 10/20/13 12:09 pm

I love good will stores. I buy dress clothes and street clothes there. the only things i don't buy are my under ware. My shoes i buy new only because i can't find any in my size. They have some great items, sometimes i don't find anything other times i hit the jackpot. Like this pass weekend i got 2 skirt suits in mint condition and one red and black dress and jacket for get this only $12.00 what a deal. They were dry cleaned still in the cleaner bags. It cost more to clean one outfit than the total price of all three.WHAT A DEAL. I also gave them a large trash bag of items to large for me. i had so many clothes my husband made a deal with me, i can go to the good will and buy what every i like as long as i give away and item for everyone i buy. The way my sizes are dropping what a deal that is for me,i can do that.

LtWeight
on 10/20/13 1:21 pm - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

That's fantastic!  I wish I had the patience to shop like that.  I really dislike shopping so I struggle with this part of the process. One of my sisters has great luck with goodwill stores but she has the patience for it.  Maybe I'll try again next time I need a few more things.  Just bought some jeans and 4 tops tonight at JC Penny. 

shannonmcgee
on 10/20/13 10:16 pm
VSG on 12/09/13

If you have a local bariatric hospital they may have a clothes closet as well. Where I live they will accept donations of larger size clothes. As you are dropping you can go and "borrow" the clothes. Once they are too big you donate them back. They will wash and dry clean them for the next one. There is always someone heavier than you that could use your clothes on their way down. Its cool because you are never at your new weight for long. Keep up the great work.

KATIEL4
on 10/22/13 2:16 pm

I am going to check and see if my BH has one. Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 159 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 431 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 452 views