5 days and haven't...

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/25/13 8:57 am
Yes I'm asking this..should I have had a bowel movement yet? It makes me nervous that I have not done so yet. Is miralax ok to have at this time??
On another note I weighed myself today and lost 8 pounds!! What!!! I can't even believe this! I'm sticking to plan but today was the worst when it comes to being hungry.. I want to eat everything possible right now(I know it's to soon to even be thinking about this) so I'm looking forward for when I'm at 3 weeks I'll be able to have tuna/eggs/ vegetables!!!
LosingSarah
on 10/25/13 9:22 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

My doctor told me that if I haven't had one in like four days or so that I can take Miralax. At this stage I imagine since we're eating so little that we won't have to have a BM very often.

Good luck, lol ;)

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/25/13 9:28 am
Ok thanks!
TJR2Mental
on 10/25/13 9:39 am - Grand Blanc, MI

My surgeon told me to take Milk of Magnesia.  It caused horrible stomach cramps, but got the job done.

Menchi
on 10/25/13 10:01 am
VSG on 09/11/13

Milk of mag will get the job dine but I had to take miralax, half a serving every day to keep things regular.  I just got the clearance to take fiber sups but I am 6 weeks post-op.  I would suggest if you are having an issue to take milk of mag to get your system clear then take half a serving of miralax each day in your shake until you are off diet.  Then see if normal vegies will do the job if not a fiber sup should help.   If all else fails coffee before you have to resort to milk of mag again, just make sure you are drinking more then enough water to make up for it and done with the post-op diet.   That is what works for me. Good luck

debk21
on 10/25/13 11:12 am - Mansfield, TX

Yep, Mirilax is the ticket. I used a capful in my powerade zero for a couple days and I was good to go....if you'll pardon the pun...Way to go on the 8lbs!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

wantagab
on 10/25/13 12:09 pm

I dont understand why you are hungry. I thought the sleeve surgery makes it so that you are not hungry? I am considering the sleeve, so that is why I thought you dont feel hungry after.

Cheryl

mkvand
on 10/25/13 9:16 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

The VSG reduces the amount of ghrelin you produce, so you don't get as hungry.  However, excess stomach acid can mimic hunger, there can be residual ghrelin in your system so you still feel hungry right after surgery, and you can have "head hunger" where you aren't really hungry but are triggered to eat for other reasons like stress or boredom.

AriannaElizabeth
on 10/25/13 1:28 pm - Bronx/Island Park, NY
VSG on 10/21/13
my plumbing started working today after hot tea
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views