Am I full???

Endlesslywaiting
on 10/30/13 9:48 am
I can't tell whether I'm full or hungry right now!! I'm 9 days post op and still having my fluids only!! I want to eat something so bad! I have had some scrambled eggs tonight for dinner instead of my 2 oz of protein shake. My stomach seems to be ok right now!! So that's exciting!!
Cindy B.
on 10/30/13 10:35 am
VSG on 10/22/12

I'm not sure what your plan is, but if you start eating food before your doctor wants you to, that could be a problem. In my opinion, it's super important to follow your surgeon's food plan. My doctor's plan was super strict and I was still on clear liquids until 10 days after surgery, then I went on to full liquids the next 10 days and finally soft/pureed foods the final 10 days of that first month. Then I was allowed to eat a regular diet (always protein first) as tolerated after that point. I realize different doctors have different plans before and after surgery, so if you're allowed to be eating scrambled eggs, just make sure you're not eating too much. When I started eating eggs I could only eat 1/2 of an egg. After 1 year I can eat 1 scrambled egg with a little bit of goodies (ham and cheese) in it. That is my entire meal. 

If I have spoken in error, I apologize. I just wouldn't want you to end up with any complications from skipping ahead and eating food before you're supposed to.

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

G5x5
on 10/30/13 10:54 am - VA
Don't try to evaluate full or hungry at 9 days out. Just follow the surgeons plan, resist anything that isn't in it (including eggs if not approved for it yet). When you think you're hungry focus on water and sugar-free Popsicles.

I say this because you're in a phase whee you mind will play tricks on you and get you thinking about all the bad stuff. Once you get to solids it all goes away and you'll get a better feel for the stomach. You'll know hunger and how to avoid over extending yourself. Until then just follow instructions.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

butterfly3851
on 10/30/13 11:03 am - TX

Also realize you are healing and how you feel now as far as the "full" feeling will be different in a few weeks.  I was hungry a lot in the beginning - probably acid.  That definitely improved as I healed and took some meds.

All plans are different - I got to eat soft foods such as scrambled eggs at your stage.  Hang in there!

jenamir21
on 10/30/13 1:01 pm
VSG on 10/14/13

I am feeling funny about food as well. I am a little over 2 weeks out...today i was able to eat broccoli and cheese soup, and grilled chicken flatbread sandwich today. That was all I was able to eat today and I feel like I ate too much food. I also had a half cup of applesauce for breakfast this morning. I was worried I over ate today.

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

MsVonne
on 10/30/13 1:50 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

I know how you feel I'm 8 weeks out today and I worry that I'm eating too much too.  Sometimes I get the full feeling but I usually just stop eating.  But I do feel I'm eating more than I should when I can eat just about a whole turkey burger sometimes but I make a point of not finishing the food on my plate no matter how small.  Well, I'm still losing so I must be doing okay my doctor isn't worried about me he said I'm doing fine but I wonder.  I think it's because we have had surgery and this is just about the last step for us to get our weight under control that we question ourselves and our growth to an new life style.  Am I right?

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 233 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 306 views