Tell me about the hair loss.

Purkinje_Fiber
on 11/9/13 5:07 pm - TX

I've had the same experience as you and I'm 46. Lots of hair loss beginning at around 4months out. I get new growth, but it falls out at about 2 inches long and never really seems to fill in. I had thin hair to begin with and it's pretty bad. Also what came back has a weird texture to it. Ugh.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
claimmaster
on 11/7/13 10:20 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I'm just starting 5 months out, and I'm starting to lose a little more hair, but it isn't anything to worry about at this point.  I was getting in 100 grams of protein from day 2 after surgery, so I know it isn't from a lack of protein.  It must be from reducing calories so much.  I have very fine hair, but I have a lot of it, so I'm not too worried.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

lil1inside
on 11/7/13 11:38 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

I have to tell you what has happened to me just recently, hopefully you won't be horrified and perhaps you will laugh--sometime.  It seems when I tell this though I'm the only one laughing.  We are trying to sell our home and I just painted the bathroom a green apple color, with matching little bath tub rug mats.  Well we had a showing the other day, and I had this bathroom spotless, it sparkled really.  After the showing was over I went in to the bathroom and put my glasses on and was reading a little, when I look over at the bathroom green apple rug mat and it was covered in my fine fallen out hair.  HOW GROSS!!!!  but I just had to laugh out loud because I didn't see it without my glasses on.   enlightened  So, yes, its a falling, but I don't take it too seriously, I have a friend who wears these fabulous wigs and I swear they look better than her natural hair ever would--so I can do that if I had to (not saying that it's that bad yet, but keeping a positive attitude helps).  I'm so enjoying getting into smaller clothes, I can't get that annoyed by it.

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

Steph8604
on 11/8/13 2:54 am - Vinton, IA

Mine started to fall out at about 5 months I was loosing huge clumps at least 2 handfuls after every shower. In honor of my daughter I actually shaved my head so I didnt have to worry about it anymore just started fresh now it is growing back in great I will be a year in Dec.

jenlaur1
on 11/8/13 11:00 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

some of these people are lucky...I'm not even 3 months out yet and I've been losing hair for about a month now...my bangs are noticeably thinner but I can see new hair growth there and at my part line...I'm taking biotin (just started) so hopefully it'll help the hair grow back faster and slow any hair loss down...I too, have thin hair..but it's not super thin..so no bald spots..lol

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views