A year, a week and a Thank you to Alison and Deena

BeginsToday
on 11/12/13 10:51 am, edited 11/12/13 11:49 am

First a Thank you to Alison and Deena for their posts last week about their struggles with depression and how it effects their lives after WLS. I am beginning to learn the importance of sharing the tough times as well as the successes.  Only someone who has suffered with depression can understand how difficult it is to put two thought together to make a decision, even if it is only about what one should eat. Sometimes just being is all that I can handle. I went on a ten day liquid diet and found it easy to resist temptations even with a house full of Halloween candy. When I went back to food, I found that the carb monster /  binger returned and I wanted to eat everything in sight, mini chocolate bars anyone?!? I seem to be an "all or nothing" kind of person!

At the OH conference in Anaheim, I met many members that have been an inspiration to me in this journey.  I also met Jill from "Living Thin Within" and she is helping me understand the "head" stuff. Since I live at the end of the road, in the middle of nowhere, her phone connections are really what I need for weekly guidance. Thank you Jill.

A year in review -  I lost 132 lbs, 111 in the first six months, 21 lbs in the second six months. I went from 28/30 pant to an 18! I have to really remind myself of how far I have come even though on days I feel like I need to start over. Actually I chose my user name BeginsToday because each new day I need to try and focus and begin again on this journey. 

I decided to go beyond my comfort zone and post my before and present pictures but they are not showing up! I'll try again tomorrow...

debk21
on 11/12/13 11:08 am - Mansfield, TX

That was a wonderful post and I'm glad you're feeling better and have a lifeline. That can be very important. Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishments and I love your user name. It's a great reminder of what we all must do each day.

(((Hugs))) to you on your successes!

Deb

P.S. I couldn't see your pix...

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

acbbrown
on 11/12/13 12:32 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I'm always amazed at how easy liquid diets are but moderation is a theoretical concept. It was my pleasure to meet you last month - you are such a sweet heart. This journey isn't easy but we are all in it together. You got this

:)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Spencerella
on 11/12/13 12:47 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

You deserve this. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to take in, isn't it.  Its great to see you here and to know that you are finding the support you need.   

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

ravenbrown
on 11/12/13 9:56 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

That's a lovely thought - that every day is a new day to focus and begin again.  It's also a chance to forgive yourself, doing something kind for yourself, and find your happiness.  This is a hard but incredibly worthwhile journey.  Thank you for this post.  I needed this today. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views