Finally have a surgery date 11/22/13!!!

Pammerx
on 11/19/13 1:09 pm - OR

I finally have a surgery date Gastric sleeve after jumping through way too many hoops. I am 5'7 and my starting weight was about 415. I am on the liquid diet prior to surgery and am down to 394.4 according to my scale. I am very excited but also a little anxious. I appreciate any and all suggestions. Protein shakes have been my nemesis but I found a few I don't mind the taste of so much. Also carnation instant breakfast sugar free is pretty good. The first week of the liquid plan I would have killed for bread and I find out why. There is an opiate like substance in bread that addicts you to it. Sugar free jello is decent, yoplait blended yogurt although it has some sugar the nutritionist said it would be ok. There is a frozen yogurt that is really good too. I am just a little apprehensive so I would love to hear more stories about how the surgeries went for everyone and any issues you might have had. Thanks so much 

Pam

Debra M.
on 11/19/13 2:42 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Hi Pam,

Congratulations on receiving your surgery date.  You will find that the end result wlll be worth all the effort you have had to put into getting the surgery done.  

Right after my surgery, I made a mental note to myself to remember the discomfort after surgery.  I wanted to make sure that later as the memory began to fade and I felt like overeating I could pull the memory up and reflect before I made a poor decision.  Nothing you are going to experience during your surgery should scare you.  The drugs you are given to control the discomfort after surgery are adequate and you will feel well enough to get up and walk around.

Everyone here will be sending good thoughts and good wishes to you for a speedy recovery.  And remember, if you still have scabs on the outside, then you are not healed yet on the inside.  Take it slow and easy.  I am talking about eating here and not about exercise.  :-)

rita2333
on 11/21/13 7:00 am

Best wishes to you Pam, I will be looking forward to your posts of recovery. I'm 3.5 weeks out myself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views