Jay Robb Egg White Protein

shess1025
on 11/20/13 8:20 am - Novato, CA

I just tried a sample size of this product that I purchased...in Chocolate. Not bad...quite nice. No whey aftertaste as it's all egg white.

120 calories, 4g carb, 24 g protein, 0 g fat....

I think it's great if you hate the whey taste....any drawbacks to using egg white based protein powders?

My ticker isn't updated....I'm down over 93 lbs...201.6 lbs today...so close to being in the One Hundreds...yay!

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

PsychoWriter
on 11/20/13 9:47 am - St Petersburg, FL
There aren't any drawbacks really. They recommend whey protein because the body absorbs it easily and very quickly. Egg protein (casein) is absorbed more slowly which actually isn't a bad thing say all. In fact most people who workout hard or are into bodybuilding will have whey protein post workout for fast recovery and then will have egg protein before bed for the slow release effect while sleeping. I use syntrax Matrix protein powder and it's a mainly whey but also contains egg protein. You should give them a try. They have great flavors. My fav are oranges and cream and the bananas and cream. I only recommend this because I've followed a lot of Jay robb from his books to products and know his stuff can be pretty pricey. This is my second fav protein but 1st fav when it comes to price. On vitacost.com i can get a 5lb bag for like $40. My all time fav though is Nectar. Tho they're pricier. Anyway, hope this helps. Best of luck on finding your "fav" protein. Eventually i think we all settle down with one we like.

*Now is blessed, the rest...remembered. -Jim Morrison*

hollykim
on 11/20/13 11:40 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

casein is milk protein,not egg.

PsychoWriter
on 11/20/13 8:44 pm - St Petersburg, FL
Sorry, half asleep when i replied. You're right. Anyway, the egg protein does metabolize slower than the whey, which is neither good nor bad just a different option based on your goals.

PsychoWriter
on 11/20/13 9:49 am - St Petersburg, FL
There aren't any drawbacks really. They recommend whey protein because the body absorbs it easily and very quickly. Egg protein (casein) is absorbed more slowly which actually isn't a bad thing say all. In fact most people who workout hard or are into bodybuilding will have whey protein post workout for fast recovery and then will have egg protein before bed for the slow release effect while sleeping. I use syntrax Matrix protein powder and it's a mainly whey but also contains egg protein. You should give them a try. They have great flavors. My fav are oranges and cream and the bananas and cream. I only recommend this because I've followed a lot of Jay robb from his books to products and know his stuff can be pretty pricey. This is my second fav protein but 1st fav when it comes to price. On vitacost.com i can get a 5lb bag for like $40. My all time fav though is Nectar. Tho they're pricier. Anyway, hope this helps. Best of luck on finding your "fav" protein. Eventually i think we all settle down with one we like.

hollykim
on 11/20/13 11:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

no drawbacks at all. Egg white protein is as bio available as whey isolate. I use it all the time. I think the taste is much milder too and not as sweet.

shess1025
on 11/21/13 10:35 am - Novato, CA

Thanks you two....I have an arsenal of protein powders and drinks. I haven't found one that I can't or won't drink...i do like having options....normally I start each day with chocolate premier protein and a shot of espresso. I keep Matrix Mint Cookie, Unjury Chicken Soup, health wise hot cocoa, about time pumpkin spice and chocolate favors in my home.

when I find my weight loss slows....I switch to more protein drinks and less dense protein for a few days. Seems to work. I'm hovering just a few lbs above 200 and want to be below before Thanksgiving....so...more protein drinks it is....

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views