Day two pre-op diet & delay

Stacy_WLS
on 11/26/13 9:54 am

I was two thirds of the way through my second day of my pre-op diet when I got a call to delay my surgery!  Arg!  

I was scheduled for the 9th, now it is being moved to the 12th or 16th.  So I get a short reprieve on the diet to resume again later this week.  I'm really ready to get onto the road to recovery.  

I should be be getting confirmation on the date tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

laviecharmee
on 11/26/13 10:32 am - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

Oh that is so frustrating! You get psyched up and then a delay! I am sorry that happened to you. If you get moved to the 16th, we can sleeve mates as that is my day!  I start pre-op next week......

Good luck and keep us posted!

~ Kim     Never take away someone's hope, it may be all they have left

(DEC  -19)  (JAN  -16.4)  (FEB  -9.2)  (MAR -13.5)  (APR -4.8)  (MAY -4.6)  (JUN -8)

themexcellentone
on 11/26/13 12:37 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Why not use this opportunity to continue on the pre-op diet and lose as much as possible prior to surgery?  That's how I would view this delay.  You're about to radically change how you eat and how you look at food altogether, and the pre-op diet is tough, but I assure you, it is only temporary.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Rosie B.
on 11/26/13 10:29 pm

I feel your pain.  I was rescheduled two times in November.  Surgery was supposed to happen last Monday after fasting AGAIN.  I was on my 12th day of fasting this time.  My body is confused; eat, don't eat.  Just have to try to not gain weight be before the 19th, my next surgery date.  I got SO psyched up and was so ready that it's very depressing.  I totally understand your frustration.  Good Luck!

Stacy_WLS
on 11/28/13 10:33 am

It is really stressful!  

This is is a huge change for us and lots of things are set up based on the date.  My mom is flying out for support, and I have time off of work.  I'm not sure why there are so many changes to the schedules.  Oh well.  My date is now confirmed as the 12 th.  The countdown is back on!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views