the HoliDAZE

danixbanani
on 12/2/13 3:00 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Oh my, what a whirl wind the past week was for me.  This is a bit of a rambling post.

Last Tuesday, I found out that I got a new job!!  I've been at my current company for almost 7 years and it's been my only job since I graduated college!  I'm excited but also nervous to start over at a new company.  The position is great, a great pay raise, but I've become so COMFORTABLE at my current position that I'm slightly freaked out.  I have to buy real work clothes (my current position is very casual, I wear nice jeans and casual/nice tops everyday) and I have to get accustomed to new people, new work flow, new everything!  Not so long ago, I'd be eating like a beast to deal with the nerves but thankfully, I've been good.

Thanksgiving has always been and always will be my favorite holiday.  It's right around my birthday and I just love this holiday.  I love the Macy's parade, the fall decor, and of course, the FOOD.  Stuffing is my all time favorite thing to eat...ALL-TIME.  Last year, I wasn't able to eat much because I was only about a month post-op and just starting solids.  I was nervous this time around because obviously I can eat more.  I went to my husband's aunt's house and she is a phenomenal cook.  The turkey was scrumptious and I was so happy to see that she made different veggie sides like roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts.  She told me "either you love these veggies or you hate them".  Well, lucky me because I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE asparagus and brussel sprouts!  I had my turkey with brussels and asparagus and I was just in HEAVEN.  She did make stuffing but she put apples in it which I DO NOT like so that made it easy to avoid and the only potatoes on the table were sweet potatoes...again, not a favorite.  I lucked out!

Friday, my husband and I along with the rest of my family went to Atlantic City for the night.  I did some black Friday shopping in the outlets, did some gambling, and had dinner at a tapas restaurant.  Tapas are perfect for us sleevers so I was again pretty good. 

Saturday night was FRIENDSGIVING with our friends haha.  I made roasted pork tenderloin with apples and onions as well as cauliflower gratin on the side.  There was SO MUCH FOOD at friendsgiving but we are all health conscious so there were plenty of roasted veggies for me to munch on.  I did indulge in one or two stuffed mushrooms as well as a small slice of pistachio cake which was made by my friend for my birthday. 

Overall, I think I did a good job over my favorite holiday.  I haven't weighed myself today yet as I woke up late and forgot but I will weigh myself tomorrow morning.  I'm expecting maybe a small gain because I did have a few glasses of wine spread out over those few days but I'm back to the gym, back to guzzling water, and back to tracking.  :)

Now it's time for Christmas!  Happy Cyber Monday, friends! I've literally completed half my Christmas shopping already today LOL.  Cheers! broken heart

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

fat_chance
on 12/2/13 4:39 am - NY

CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB. IT IS DEFINITELY A BIG DECISION WHEN YOU ARE AT ONE JOB FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.... U ARE IN A ROUTINE OF THINGS, YOU KNOW AND GET COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR COWORKERS. BUT YOU ARE DOING THIS FOR YOU HUNNY. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE MAKING A GREAT DECISION SINCE IT IS MORE MONEY. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE JOB IM SURE UR CURRENT JOB WILL TAKE YOU BACK.

Nikke2003
on 12/2/13 7:42 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on the new job - SO GREAT! I have found that the first time or two that you switch jobs, it's super difficult. It's so uncomfortable, because like you said - you are so comfortable where you are at that it's scary to start a new one. I will tell you though that the more you do it, the easier it gets haha

Sounds like the holidays went great for you! So glad to hear that you had a good time!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 282 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views