Just slightly discouraged.

TheAuntieMonster
on 12/9/13 8:31 am, edited 12/9/13 8:38 am - NY
VSG on 12/03/13

I'm reading all these posts from people who were sleeved around the same time I was (December 3rd) and you all seem to be doing so great! I'm glad :)

I just wish things were going as easily for me. I was in so much pain for days after my surgery I was sobbing uncontrollably just trying to walk to the bathroom. I'm not going to lie...I really thought I made the wrong decision post op, despite all my research. 3 days out I was still in the hospital and the most I could force into my body was a small cup of tea. They did an upper GI series and they said there are no obstructions or strictures.  Actually surgeon said everything went perfectly, which is good news :)

I'm home now, but even still the most  w.ater I can drink is about 13 ounces right now. My incisions and my tummy still hurt bad. I can walk 1 block but that's about it.

This isn't anything against my surgical team. I had, I'm sure, one of the best VSG surgeons in the country and one of the best hospitals in the country. My anesthesiologist, the nurses, everyone was outstanding. I feel bad even complaining. I just don't know why my body isn't cooperating in recovery. I just seem so far behind everyone else :(

Sandy M.
on 12/9/13 8:35 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Rule #1 of bariatric surgery - NEVER compare yourself to anyone else.  It's like comparing apples to a submarine.

Rule #3 - two weeks from now, look back and count the number of things you can do you couldn't do 2 weeks ago.

Rule #2 - give yourself a break - it's been a week hon!  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

LJCopeland
on 12/9/13 10:03 am - Victoria, TX
VSG on 10/31/13 with

I had trouble getting my fluids in and sweet things disgusted me.  I am 7 1/2 weeks out and I am drinking 72 oz of water and other fluids a day, and I'm up to 500 calories.  I was almost getting no calories at a week out.  At a week out, I was very fatigued too.  Part of the reason for me was that I lost a tremendous amount of blood during surgery, but I think recovering from surgery takes some time.

Hang in there.  You will feel better before you know it.

VSG 10/31/2013 Starting weight 253, Surgery weight 247.5, Current Weight 103.6 (2/16/14).  Had my surgery in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela

Joeyo2000
on 12/9/13 12:56 pm - Hainesport, NJ
with

I was sleeved the same day and posted the same type of message a few days ago but just yesterday I started to feel better and my attitude is much more positive everyday so hang in there it will get better real soon. 

Annievvho
on 12/9/13 1:51 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I was sleeved 11/29, and my first day pain med free was Sunday. Mostly I had been using it overnight, but I was pushing it with letting the pain get too bad in the beginning. Most of my pain was internal. Feeling the new edge of my stomach and a horrible gas/acid burn in my chest. The more I've been able to move, the better I've felt. I'm still struggling with hydration. I never can seem to get in enough water, but I finally am eating enough to calculate pretty well my intake. Now if I could just get my energy up!

mcbutterpants
on 12/9/13 9:31 pm

Hang in there - you will get better.  I'm sorry you're having a tough time.

Sending ((hugs)) and best wishes.

Follow the McButterpants Project blog at:  http://themcbutterpantsproject.wordpress.com

Most Active