Home! VSG yesterday

staceyp1105
on 12/19/13 8:56 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I am home with surgery behind me.doing ok....first 12 hours liquids going down surprisingly easy..  Protein is a little harder.  Tried  protein shake at home...tasted really good but didn't sit as well,  isopure is a little better but makes me a little nauseaus.  Broth is good, tasty, hot feels good on scratchy throat.  So liquids count is going ok, protein is a little harder.  Hoping that gets a little easier.

Got sent home with oxygen for nighttime sleeping.  Other than that, I guess it would say it was a little easier then I thought, pain is manageable.

Liquids I guess are key so no dehydration.

thinking about the friends on here that had surgery yesterday too and hoping everyone is doing ok

princesswimmer24
on 12/19/13 10:28 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Glad that everything went well!! My surgeon and NUT told me to focus on liquids first and once I started hitting my liquids goal than I could focus on the protein. You are doing great!! Keep it up and keep us updated on your continued progress!

childof60s
on 12/19/13 10:31 am
VSG on 12/17/13

hi stacey, glad to hear you're doing well.  my surgery was the day before yours.  sounds like i'm having a rougher time with pain than you, but i know it's going to get better each day.   i agree that broth is like heaven going down.  i also had sugar free hot chocolate which was wonderful also!  i'm experimenting with temperatures and i decided to take my isopure room temperature instead of icy cold and i'm having a better time with it.  

Immediately after surgery: Blood sugars normal, metformin discontinued! Month 1: 18.2 lbs lost;  Month 2: 11 lbs lost.  Month 3: 11 lbs lost

ataglimpse
on 12/19/13 10:50 am
VSG on 04/09/14

I am glad to hear that everything went well  Keep us posted on how things are going.  

happyteacher
on 12/19/13 11:08 am

Congrats and glad to read that liquids are a go!  Don't fret about the protein... a couple days to heal, get in what you can, and it will all work out.  The nausea should improve a bit too.  If you have protein hot chocolate or protein cream of chicken soup that may sit better... I assume your broth is warmed and it may be the temperature that is helping.  Take good care of yourself and welcome to the bench!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

meredith10
on 12/19/13 12:57 pm - salisbury, MD

i am having a rough time too.. Had surgery on Tuesday, home on Wednesday.. Trying to slip and walk..I had a cold before surgery and it i kicking my butt..so I am coughing too.  I know it is going to get better, but right now I wondering what the hell have I done!

mary

NoCalGal
on 12/20/13 12:11 pm - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

I had mine on Monday and regret it completely.  I cannot even get clear liquids down!!!  What a mistake I have made!!

Halen10
on 12/21/13 10:04 am

Mary,

coughing is the worst.  I was told to press on my stomach when I coughed.  I also developed the hiccups for about 10 minutes which wasn't any fun. It went a lot better than I thought it would.  

Gail D.
on 12/20/13 2:11 am

Wow.. you went home quick (in my experience).

My surgeon wouldn't even let me try liquids for 24 hours, so I was on IV. Then I stayed on IV for another half day until I was taking in what they considered sufficient liquids. I had surgery on Friday, went home Sunday.

Congratulations!

rengirl1978
on 12/21/13 9:46 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I'm glad it went well! I agree that warm liquids are so nice going down! Sugar free hot chocolate sounds good...why didn't I think of that before! LOL And my car is not running right now, so i can't even go get some. Booo!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views