liquid diet is driving me nuts.

Moi.as.always
on 12/28/13 11:37 am - harleysville, PA
VSG on 12/18/13
I had my sleeve surgery on December 18th. I am not feeling hungry but I have urges when I cook for my family. To the point I cook and go to my room to fight temptation of just tasting food. But so far so good. I cant drink water like I used too. It hurts more to drink water than juice. Sad part is I was never juice drinker. Sugar Free Popsicle are my best friend right now. Not a fan of the broth. Im waiting on monday to see my doctor to see what happens next.
Bake
on 12/28/13 1:01 pm

The first 2 weeks of only liquid drove me crazy.  once the nut put me on semi solid foods things got alot easier.  Hang in there!

Moi.as.always
on 12/28/13 1:03 pm - harleysville, PA
VSG on 12/18/13
Thanks so much
isign4u
on 12/28/13 1:35 pm
You can do it! Get out of your head it is playing mind games with you. Try to do whatever you can to occupy your time. Go for a walk, bag up some old clothes, clean out your car, reorganize something, journal how you feel, setup an exercise schedule for the next month, start researching recipes for when you go on solids and make grocery lists, etc.... 99% of this is in the head (for me at least). Can you try Crystal light or Mio (be careful some have caffeine)? Do whatever you can to occupy your time. Good luck!
"One mistake does not a day make"        
mickeymantle
on 12/28/13 2:09 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

MY FULL LIQUID DIET ALLOWED STRAINED CREAM SOUP, 3 month baby food with no lumps, just about anything that would go thru a strainer

strained greek yogurt or plain greek yogurt

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views