Pureed diet help

Amielea1975
on 12/25/13 8:09 am
VSG on 12/11/13

I started my pureed diet today and am having a hard time reading my sleeve... Can't tell if I am hungry or not? Anyone else have this problem? I don't want to over do it.

VSG on 06/12/13
What were your doc's instructions?

I just looked up my food history. When I started pureeds at 4 weeks out, I ate 3 small (and I mean small) meals per day averaging 2-3 oz per sitting, starting with one pureed meal per day and the other two full liquids still. In between times, I'd have my liquids, waiting the requisite times between. I was getting 300-500 calories per day total. I remember having good restriction/feeling full, but again, my doc was really conservative on the diet advancement and it took me 4 weeks to get to pureeds which I have heard is the prime time for nerve healing/restoration/sensation to return. Measure everything and pace yourself and remember to eat slowly.

Finally, when in doubt, go back to what your doc instructed.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Amielea1975
on 12/25/13 9:20 am
VSG on 12/11/13

Doc said 2-4oz of puréed food. Today I made a stew for my family and I ate some of that (used two baby carrots, one small slice of potato, one small piece of beef, and mostly broth). I didn't measure and found that was a problem. I also made a bean purée that my NUT gave me the recipe for and had a little less than half a cup. I did feel full after the beans, but not the stew.   

VSG on 06/12/13
Up the beef on the stew and get your meat in first and you'll feel it more. Proteins first always, even for pureeds! Veggies don't "stick" like proteins. My magic bullet blender was my best friend at this point. Oh, and Shelly's (Eggface's) baked ricotta was one of my favorite things at this point.

These were my standard bowls I used at this point. No separate measuring required:
http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=9792&categoryCode=KW

I also picked up some ramikins from the grocery store and figured out what 1/4 and 1/2 cup looked like inside of them.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Ms_J
on 12/25/13 10:26 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/20/13

When you start to feel what feels like a gas bubble come up into your chest, that's when you're either full or you're eating too fast (at least that's how it is for me). The only way to tell the difference is to eliminate the problem of eating too fast. Eat small bites (like a teaspoon at a time) and chew 15-20 times (even if there is nothing to chew) before swallowing. If you eat with other people, you should not be the first to finish even though you're eating much less than everyone else. 

Most Active