Is it me or my sense of smell have change

Moi.as.always
on 1/5/14 3:27 am - harleysville, PA
VSG on 12/18/13
I cant take the of certain food, the worst part is my children brushes thier teeth 3x a day and I smell this nasty ora out thier mouth than I ask my sister to smell thier breath she said nothing is wrong. So im guessing my sense of smell have change I hope not for the worst.

laughGod is good.

Tracy D.
on 1/5/14 3:53 am, edited 1/5/14 3:53 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My sense of smell was super-heightened for the first 6 months.  It has settled down a bit now :-)

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Moi.as.always
on 1/5/14 4:21 am - harleysville, PA
VSG on 12/18/13
Thanks I Pray it slows down for me too.

laughGod is good.

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/14 4:16 am - Canada

It's worse then being pregnant again!  I'm only 2 weeks out and it's driving me nuts!  We had the typical (for us) garlic coils and such for cheese, meats and crackers over Christmas and when my husband came to visit me at the hospital he smelled like one big garlic coil!  I made him brush and floss because I swore he had a dead cow carcass in his mouth.  It didn't help.  He made turkey chilli the other night and any time anyone opens the fridge I gag from across the room at the smell.  I finally realized it's just me lol.  Poor man puts up with so much from me!  God bless his patience!

Moi.as.always
on 1/5/14 4:18 am - harleysville, PA
VSG on 12/18/13
Lol I feel you all the way. Thanks im glad its not just me...

laughGod is good.

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/5/14 4:23 am
VSG on 10/30/13

My sense of smell is heightened also. It sounds petty but...my 15yr old son has been eating quite a bit of canned albacore tuna. Which is great. Except he's not rinsing out the can before he pitches it in the garbage. I swear I walk in the kitchen and it reeks.  It's almost like being pregnant again. I guess that makes sense though since your  hormones are all over the place for awhile. 

Someone on here wisely recommended a bit of Vicks under your nose. That's genius. 

Also, in case you are not aware of this, your breath is probably a tad stank also. That's as a result of keeping your carbs under 60g a day..it's called Ketosis and it's a fat burning mechanism that let's us drop weight faster. To us it's kind of a metallic taste in your mouth, to everyone else it's like "Here, why don't you have this Listerine breath strip?" LOL

Moi.as.always
on 1/5/14 4:28 am, edited 1/5/14 4:29 am - harleysville, PA
VSG on 12/18/13
Lol my son says mom you talking about me what about you lol.. too funny thanks for the vicks advice.

laughGod is good.

Smile99
on 1/5/14 7:48 am
VSG on 01/07/14

I'm so glad you posted this! I was thinking I was crazy because I swear that everyone who comes into my office has horrible breath. I even told my husband, who's never had bad breath, that he needs to chew gum or something. And, I don't have surgery until Tuesday am, but I've been on the liquid diet for two weeks. 

Moi.as.always
on 1/5/14 8:23 am - harleysville, PA
VSG on 12/18/13
I thought I was crazy. Im so glad im not alone!! And Good luck On your surgery!!

laughGod is good.

Fran001
on 1/5/14 12:16 pm - MI

Yep, I too had a supersonic sense of smell for a few months post surgery, but it's gone back to normal now. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views