How long should you wait......

Tiffanybeal
on 1/11/14 2:17 am - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

Just wondering how long did everyone wait before they had sex after surgery ?? 

Scribbler
on 1/11/14 2:24 am

I'm sure your surgeon will tell you "as soon as you feel like it". I had emergency open surgery a couple years ago where I was literally hacked open and had organs ripped out to save my life and I was still feeling pretty good inside of 3 weeks in spite of having drainage and continuing issues from infection and peritonitis. Your body is remarkably resilient and you may feel up to it sooner than you thought you'd be.

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/11/14 2:35 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Most surgeons allow for exercise other than walking after 4 weeks but caution no torso exercise until after 6 weeks due to internal stitching etc.    The whole hormonal upheaval in women is another thing all together. 

JennyLove
on 1/11/14 9:28 am - Douglasville , GA

I'm sure it varies from person to person, but for me personally, I waited 6 weeks. I freak out about every little pain and I just wanted to ensure  I was  well healed  prior to resuming   my Cirque du Soleil Act.kiss

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/11/14 10:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

My surgeon said "no vigorous sex until 4 weeks after surgery." My husband did NOT take that well (he had a hard time with my recovery because he's a homebody and was quite lonely with me napping all the time), but taking it slow and with lots of pillows (and "ow, let me scoot over" when I was rolled onto an internal suture or something) things were OK at 2.5 weeks or so.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jndrake
on 1/11/14 11:40 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I had surgery on Dec 10th and New Years came in with a bang   pun intended (we actually giggled about that)

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views