I am HUNGRY today

Amielea1975
on 1/13/14 10:13 am, edited 1/13/14 11:03 am
VSG on 12/11/13

I will be 5 weeks postoperative on Wednesday and I am hungry. This is what I have had today- protein shake, turkey vegetable soup 2oz, slice of deli meat with slice of Swiss cheese, 45 oz carb smart yogurt, and 1/2 cup of veggie soup again. I feel like this is too much, but I am not sure. I have all my water in too! According to myfitnesspal, this is what my day looks like- 396 calories, 11 carbs, 14 fat, 59 grams of protein. Tell me what you think, please!

I also have NOT lost since December 30th! Annoyed and frustrated. All this hard work doesn't seem to be helping

VSG on 06/12/13
Welcome to the three week stall! Do a search here and learn all you can. They are aggravating. Grab a measuring tape and check measurements when you're stalled - I bet you will see inches dropping.

I have hungry days once every few weeks. On those days I will go a little higher on my intake but restrict heavily to very small portions of high protein/low carb options. There is a good check to see if it's head hunger or legit hunger - get a dense protein and have a bite or two - if you aren't interested in it, it's likely head hunger.

Also, I find that drinking warm things helps to decrease hunger as well.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

mkvand
on 1/13/14 11:23 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

It seems like you're eating a lot of soft foods, and most people try for at least 70 or 80 grams of protein.  Try switching from soup to more dense proteins.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Amielea1975
on 1/13/14 11:35 am
VSG on 12/11/13

My NUT won't allow dense protein until 6 weeks out. I am not having any trouble with food, but have been trying to stay 100% on my plan. I don't think this is head hunger at all... My tummy growls and any food seems to help. I will be so happy when I can eat something that is not soft!

this stall stinks, and feeling hungry makes it worse! Just being a bummer today, I guess.

Annievvho
on 1/13/14 11:39 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Try eating more of the sliced meat type foods, maybe. My protein shakes have really started sliding right through. Maybe your stomach has healed enough to digest the soft stuff better.

hollykim
on 1/14/14 2:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

your calories are very low. If you can't. Add dense protein ,add more protein shakes,in addition to/instead of the yogurt. 

You might also call ans ask can you move ahead by a weel

k.

GL

Annievvho
on 1/13/14 11:37 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I agree with the other replies. Make sure it's real hunger, not head hunger. Since you're no longer on soft foods, replace some of those things with denser food that will close your pyloric valve and keep you feeling full longer. Also, you may have a plan that differs from most on here, and that's ok, but most people on here aim for 600-800 calories. I know it can be tempting to want to keep them lower, but you're not doing yourself any favors nutritionally by doing so. In order to get in enough of just the protein, you have to get a little closer to that mark. That said, as long as my protein is over the 80 gram mark, I am ok with my calories being lower. My criteria at this point is high protein, low carb, low calorie. If you stick to those requirements, your fat won't be high. 

Also, I started having an acid problem a couple weeks ago that made me feel hungrier. My doctor changed my PPI, and the "hunger" went away. I had some other symptoms, but you may not. It's worth looking into.

Tracy D.
on 1/13/14 10:28 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I agree with the other posters.   If you can tolerate a bit more dense protein this early out (and if you're cleared for it) then try that.  Also, up your protein grams and make sure you are getting at least 80 oz. of water.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active